Large Family Cruise

Froggitt

Eleven people, across three generations. Ideally some communal (private or semi-private) space inside and outside. Route - flexible.

What combination of rooms would you go for and on what class of ship? Ideally connecting to a primary stateroom, next best is rooms in the same part of the ship.

RCI seem to have made an attempt at this on their Quantum Class, but its like a standard balcony, a mini-suite and an inside cabin all joined up, for eight!!! Just not enough space, even if it was just six.

What are the family relationships? If everyone was single...you might need 11 rooms. If, say, 5 are immediate family (mom, dad, 3 kids), they would be grouped together.

To best help you, we need a bit more info.

1 x grandmother

2 x Mom, dad, two young adult girls

1 x adult and partner

A Garden Villa and 2BR suite near would work. You would even get your own dining room table, a large living area, a hot tub and outdoor deck with the Garden Villa. I think 8 can stay in the GV.

Mmmmmm thats one of the thoughts I had. Jewel class only? Any other options/thoughts/ideas?

If your budget doesn't stretch to garden villa, look at the two bedroom family suites and adjoining balcony and an interior across the hall on a dawn or jewel class ship.

In the two bedroom family suites on the Dawn/Star, there is a large separate bedroom for mom and dad, and a interior bedroom with a sofa that makes into a small bed with a bunk that comes down on top. That could work for Gramma since she would have her own bathroom.

On the Dawn/Star, they also have family suites on deck 12 that hold 6 adults comfortably (if they can sleep 2 to a bed). They don't have any that adjoin (I don't think) but you could get some near each other. Because they use a Murphy bed and a sofa bed, when they are made up during the day, they have plenty of floor space and room to gather and sit and talk. On the Dawn, they have balconies and on the Star they do not. Unlike the 2 bedroom family suites, they don't have as much privacy (there is a a curtain or a floating wall that separates one bed, but the rest of the suite is open), so it depends on how close you are as a family.

Hope you have fun!

Mmmmmm thats one of the thoughts I had. Jewel class only? Any other options/thoughts/ideas?

We travel at least once a year with the entire family....and have found the perfect solution for us was either the Star or Dawn....and book BOTH GArden Villas as they can open them up to become one huge 6 bedroom suite that is around 12000 square feet.....

ON Jewels class, the Garden Villas do NOT adjoin......and I find the two bedroom family suites to be enough room for just my husband and I! And would not really consider putting 6 people in there.....but three of these could work too....as anything in the Haven will allow you all to be able to enjoy that area as a "group"......but of course the cost is more in this catagory. WE do find dining to be a challenge with a large group.....so usually just break up and everyone do their own thing....BUT the Garden Villas each have a large dining table and we usually have at least one large dinner served there....also it works well for breakfast for everyone as we just give the butler our order the night before......

There is really something special about having both Garden Villas...and is you choose some sailing dates, the cost can actually be similar to multiple other suites.....and it allows everyone to have their OWN rooms.....but also so much space to everyone to enjoy as a group.