Seattle - Vancouver Transfer: Your Opinion Pleae

NukeTim

Which would you do;

A. fly into cheaper airfare Seattle, stay overnight before the cruise, & take the 3-4 hour bus transfer to Vancouver the next morning to board cruise ship

OR

B. fly into expensive airfare Vancouver the morning of the cruise and take the 1/2 hour transfer to board the cruise ship.

Price for either choice about the same because cheaper airfare into Seattle covers cost of hotel, dinner & more expensive transfer. Just didn't know about that 3-4 hour bus trip.

The bus trip is probably closer to 3 hours, but you don't know how long it will take to cross the boarder. It's a nice ride. It all depends, I guess, on whether you want to get a taste of Washington State or not. I think it would be worth it. It's really personal preference.

NCL SEA 6/19

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Sapphire Princess 6/11

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NukeTim:

Which would you do;

B. fly into expensive airfare Vancouver the morning of the cruise .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Working at the airport I can say avoid the morning of the cruise if there is another option. I've seen many people miss cruises flying in day of, even when scheduled in the morning, due to weather or mechanical problems. If there is an option to go the day before I would do it, even with the extra drive, etc.

My friend and I are doing a cruise next week and he didnt want to get off a night early and didnt want to spend money for a hotel. I told him I'd do it, but if we miss the ship, he's buying the cruise for me. (2 days at sea off the bat on a 4 nighter) icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;3;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Ryndam Pacific Coastal May 3

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;17;21;30;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Dawn Princess Alaska May 17

That is a tough call. We are chicken and always fly in the day before a cruise. We have flown into both Seattle and Vancouver before a cruise out of Vancouver. I would recommend flying into Vancouver to avoid the hassle of going to the airport and the ride to Seattle, however it is a beautiful drive.

Another suggestion might be to fly into Seattle, rent a car, drive to Vancouver, spend the night and drop the car at the pier in Vancouver the day of your cruise. This option would leave you well rested on the first day of your cruise. Hope this helps.

Suzanne

Fly in the day before. There are other transfer options other than the cruise bus. Amtrak has an early am train- that is superior for scenery- cheap too- add about $30++ for cabs from airport and to port. Quick Shuttle, but I mostly drive. You could opt to drive 2 hours north of Seattle and stay overnight in Bellingham- plenty of hotels. Then it is only an hour to Canada Place, if you leave by mid morning the waits at the boarder are less than later. This also gives you an opportunity to see some of Vancouver. I have rented from Avis, Budget, National- Hertz is also there. You want a Seatac pick up and a DOWNTOWN Vancouver drop off.

Have you thought of flying into Seattle then going to Vancouver and staying in a hotel there using price line. There is quite a bit to see in Vancouver. Some people have gotten hotels for $65.00 (US).

I'm not sure when you will be going but Vancouve sometimes gets a lot of fog and flights get delayed/cancelled as a result. Going day before allows time if flight is delayed.

Hopfully a Hawiian Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2006;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Until we sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

We had the same question regarding our upcoming 5/8 cruise on the Coral.

We decided to fly into Seattle the day before, check a few things out there since I've never been, and then we're using the Princess transfer from Seattle to Vancouver the day of the cruise.

Yeah, so maybe we won't be onboard until late afternoon, but we don't have to deal with any of the hassle of driving or the border crossing issues icon_smile.gif

Archived