Crown Princess, Spring Break with kids and grandparents

CruisingBeans

Considering taking Crown Princess in March 2017 with a multigenerational group. All of us have cruised before but not on Princess recently. The kids will be 3, 6, 8, 13 and 17 years old. The grandparents are in early 70s and parents 30-40. We are looking at this cruise cause of timing (spring break for older kids) and different ports. I suspect there will be more kids than normal due to timing. My kids are the youngest and are happy with pools and a good kids program. I'm just not sure if this is a good pick for older kids. Any thoughts? Any info from people who sailed crown princess with kids is appreciated. We are also considering a Carnival and NCL cruise but both likely to be mobbed with kids and ports we have done before. Granted my kids and I hit the beach at every port. Also is mini suite a better option or balcony room ok on Crown Princess with a family? Thanks!

Personally, I would put the 2 or 3 oldest kids in inside cabin alone. At 17 your oldest can be named in a cabin directly across the hall from you, and a balcony and inside is about the same price as just the mini suite but you have the bonus of a second bathroom.

I guess my question would be: can your kids entertain themselves for v60 seconds or not? My kids never needed the fancy stuff. They did the basics. It also illustrated to us that there was no harm in them spending time with us. It was a great family time.

I'm still in the old school. I think that it is important to have family values. My grandkids might spend time in the kid clubs BUT this will be a family togetherness adventure.

I love the little rug rats to death. I had asked my then 10 year old about wearing formal wear. He was 100% against it. It upset him to discuss it no matter how we phrased it. For Christmas he got a suit case telling him he is going on a cruise. Priceless: he turns to me and says 'well, I guess I need to buy formal wear"