carnival compared to oceania

gay head

My husband and I are in our mid fifties and have cruised on the Magic several times and once on the Breeze.We are thinking of going on Oceania Riviera because it goes to different ports like St.Barts.It is more expensive which would br fine if it is a great experience. Has anyone been on both and what is the difference? Food, service, size of cabins ect.I was very happy with thr Magic and the Breeze .I live in Houston so we need air and oceana says it is included.

First I must admit that I have never been on Oceania, but I have good friends who have. According to them, the food was excellent, and quite gourmet. The total atmosphere on board is more formal, and that includes dressing up some for dinner. I don't believe shorts are permitted in their dining rooms. again, I have not been there, just reporting what my friends said, and they loved it, but they are also into that sort of upscale lifestyle. Entertainment was also somewhat more subdued than what you will find on Carnival, this also from them, but...(they have not been on Carnival:D, nor do I ever expect they will be);)

I would check out their boards, and some of their reviews, you might pick up some good info there.

My husband and I are in our mid fifties and have cruised on the Magic several times and once on the Breeze.We are thinking of going on Oceania Riviera because it goes to different ports like St.Barts.It is more expensive which would br fine if it is a great experience. Has anyone been on both and what is the difference? Food, service, size of cabins ect.I was very happy with thr Magic and the Breeze .I live in Houston so we need air and oceana says it is included.

Last I knew, air was included on Carnival too:D

First I must admit that I have never been on Oceania, but I have good friends who have. According to them, the food was excellent, and quite gourmet. The total atmosphere on board is more formal, and that includes dressing up some for dinner. I don't believe shorts are permitted in their dining rooms. again, I have not been there, just reporting what my friends said, and they loved it, but they are also into that sort of upscale lifestyle. Entertainment was also somewhat more subdued than what you will find on Carnival, this also from them, but...(they have not been on Carnival:D, nor do I ever expect they will be);)

I would check out their boards, and some of their reviews, you might pick up some good info there.

No formal nights; country club casual.

No way to compare. Oceania is the greatest and is not at all formal.l. Just a different clientele.

Ditto, we did a T/A on Insignia a few years ago and loved it. I would do another Oceania in a minute, but most itineraries are expensive.

As you have noticed the ships are much smaller, which makes them more intimate. We felt like we were on our own private yacht.

If you like onboard shopping, hitting the ropes/flow rider, etc then Oceania isn't for you. If you like laid back, quite deck time, and less "crazy" CD's then go with Oceania.

We totally lucked out when we went on Insignia as nobody apparently wanted to do a T/A repositioning. So we only had 175 pax. They closed three decks and upgraded everybody. We ended up with a Penthouse and our own butler!!!