Taxi to LAX from San Pedro ?

SAKay

We will be on the March 12 cruise aboard the Crown Princess.

How hard is it to get a taxi to LAX after disembarking at San Pedro?

We are planning to get off as early as we can, carrying our own luggage.

Will there be a lot of taxis available? It will be a Saturday morning return.

How long do you think it will take to get to LAX ? Thanks very much for any help !

Tons of taxis waiting at port. Many shuttles also.

Quickest would be about 30 to the airport, another 10 to your terminal. At worst could take several hours and more than an hour to get to your terminal.

When I came out of the cruise terminal last December....

• I was in a cab in 15 minutes
  • Tip... don't just stand in line.... "register" yourself on the waitlist. There may be a separate line for the registration. Unlike other places I've been, the coordinator appears to be assessing vehicles sizes for luggage & number of people for best efficiency. Smaller cars for small groups with less luggage. Larger minivans for larger groups with lots of luggage.
  • if you plan to use a credit card, ask to ensure the machine works before getting in. I was shocked the machine was broken when we arrived at the hotel.

Which there was a few other people. One for crowd control, one for registration, and one for vehicle assignments. Have a single person doing it all was slow and confusing.

Edited by xlxo

• 9 months later...
How many people can fit in a taxi (van?) from LAX to a San Pedro hotel? There will be 6 of us. Would it be better to use Super Shuttle instead?

There were 6 of us on our last cruise from San Pedro and we took an SUV. It cost $65 plus tip for the 6 of us, and we were not cramped. They picked us at the ship when we wanted, and they also do the same at LAX. We used ontime1.com. The vehicles are very clean, they are prompt, and the drivers very courteous.:):)