Cabin 321

DP

Just received notice that I have been assigned cabin 321 from Cat A GTD. on Legend. Although it has shower only I am very glad as I never take baths and love large showers.

Question...being on 6th deck and on transatlantic cruise will I experience alot of "rock'n'rolin". Hope not as I get sea sick and ship is sold out so no other room to move to.

Diane

Diane~~~Suite 321 is close to mid-ship and should be very comfortable. I've found, especially on Crossings that the "front" of the ship can be a 'lit bumpy, but the location of your suite should be fine. Last year on our London/NY Sept. Cross, I was in 308 and I did feel some motion a few days. (Purser keeps "the pills")

Do enjoy your Crossing......so many wonderful lazy, daisy, hasy sea days,packed with fun, food and phooey! I have many friends that will be aboard......all great seasoned Seabournites! Go and be spoiled rotten!

Maybe some guest will host a "Champagne/Caviar Pajama Party" one of the mornings.

Bon Voyage!

Martita B.

Hello Jane...My husband Harry and I are very much looking forward to meeting you on the Legend crossing. You are also boarding in Malaga are you not? If so we will meet at the Sky Bar. Do you know when earliest we can board. Sooo looking forward to this cruise. After this one we board the Spirit in Singapore Dec 22nd for 60 days. Better watch those nasty desserts!!!!

Diane, a few Suite tips: move your dressing table chair to the back window and move one of the coffee table stools to your dressing table.....it slides right under and there is much more bedroom space. Also, you may want to take 2 Wal Mart black rubber doorstops. Some suite closet doors will suddenly just "slam shut" and it's no fun in the pitch/black closet! When my Mother and I would sail on Seabourn ships, this would happen to me everyday......I felt like I was in Carlsbad Caverns! Also the stops come in handy under your front door, if you're expecting room service or a friend to drop by. Another idea I use: I ask my sweet Housekeeper for 2 bathmats. For some reason, my bath seems more like home with "blue carpeting." Your Housekeeper will also provide you a large wicket basket for your dressing table. I keep my make-up in the basket. I buy flameless tealights (Afloral.com) for my suite coffee table and bath. These are perfect ship's candles.......NO fire, but a nice flickering candle. (also great gifts as they don't take up room in your luggage)

Have wonderful sailing's on Seabourn's 6* "floating islands!"

Martita B.

Diane,

How nice to hear that you and your husband will be starting in Malaga. I shall be at the SkyBar with my red Phillies cap (the P can stand for Pond, as well)

I love all of Martha's tips and moving the stool under the vanity works so well. I manage leave my doorstops in the room, usually, so have to get some more before I leave. My suite in the QM2 had it's own doorstops, so on the evaluation form I ask that Seabourn supply them as well, but as yeat, to no avail.

I expect to have a car and guide waiting for me at the airport, and hopefully, will get a bit of a city tour and a lunch stop as well before I board. I will be flying from Gatwick on BA. This cruise I am in 131 which will suit me just fine. But then, everything about Seabourn suits me just fine. See you soon!

Jane in PHL

Jane:

We fly into Malaga the day before in case our luggage does not arrive when we do (this has happened too many times!!). The airport to the pier is not far at all. Do you know how many formals to expect? Also, since you are an experienced Seabourn cruiser, do you know the earliest we can board? Have you received your documents yet? We haven't

My TA has my documents, so I expect them next week. I know that there are provisions for early port arrivals; usually that means getting comfy in the lounge waiting for them to set up the check-in process. If it's a nice day, it might be on the pier, a spot with chairs with nibbles and libations. I have seen both. I imagine that check-in time is about 2 PM since we sail at 6.

I well understand one's trepidations about luggage arriving late. I have arranged to have mine sent on ahead, especially since it's one large suitcase and I don't want to deal with it in London. The porters at the Stafford are very grateful for this.

With 9 days, I would expect 3 formal nights for the first leg. Perhaps others will have more specifics. We have so many port days . Since I mix and match with the same long black dress, I have given up trying to figure it out.

Jane in PHL

Hello Jane...My husband Harry and I are very much looking forward to meeting you on the Legend crossing. You are also boarding in Malaga are you not? If so we will meet at the Sky Bar. Do you know when earliest we can board. Sooo looking forward to this cruise. After this one we board the Spirit in Singapore Dec 22nd for 60 days. Better watch those nasty desserts!!!!

Will the Spirit be in Singapore on Dec 22nd? It appears to be in Hanoi (well not actually Hanoi) in the brochure. Will you still be on for the New Zealand cruise starting Feb 5th as we will be on then (as well as on the Legend crossing shortly)?

Shelagh and Larry

Hi Shelagh & Larry: Yes we board Spirit in Singapore Dec 22/05 and disembark in Fijii Feb 19. Are you on the upcoming October 30 Legend crossing? When do you disembark from the Spirit?

Diane

Bgood

Yes definite "senior moment" -was looking at 2006 and not 2005 - don't even know what year it is!!

Diane,

Yes we are on the upcoming Legend crossing and the Spirit in New Zealand on Feb 4 2006(I think!!) and we also get off in Fiji on the 19th.

Where are you staying? We are still doing research and haven't booked anything yet although may well wind up at the Royal Sheraton (Seabourn's hotel).

Shelagh and Larry:o

(Appear to be able to do smillies but it took me ages to log in!)

Shelagh:

Regarding Fijii .. After doing some research I am leaning towards Raffles Gateway Resort (no relation to Raffley Singapore). It is nothing fancy but the advantage is that it is directly across from the Airport (you can walk to the airport it is so close). We have an early flight next day so it is very convenient.

Diane

Archived