Sunshine bar hours

gordongirl0306

I am currently on the Sunshine having a very nice time. I am sitting at the bar in the liquid lounge waiting on bingo. I thought i would have a cocktail...there are q3 of us at the bar. Adi our bartender was brought in at 3pm to begin setup and start serving at 4pm. Adj has stepped up to the plate. He stopped setting up and decided to serve ALL the guests waiting on service.

Carnival has decided to change bar policy!! Yes, they have reduced the staff and the bar hours. If you think you can play bingo and have a cocktail you may want to try another bar.

Alchemy has always opened at 4pm and stayed open until about 11pm. Their new hours are 5pm to 10pm. Plus they reduced the staff to 2 bartenders from 3. A martini at Alchemy takes about 4minutes average. Be ready to wait!!!!!

This is a disservice to the passengers and staff.

I guess this is the new initiative to save money!!!!! WAY TO GO CARNIVAL!!!!!

#carnival #carnivalsunshine

I am currently on the Sunshine having a very nice time. I am sitting at the bar in the liquid lounge waiting on bingo. I thought i would have a cocktail...there are q3 of us at the bar. Adi our bartender was brought in at 3pm to begin setup and start serving at 4pm. Adj has stepped up to the plate. He stopped setting up and decided to serve ALL the guests waiting on service.

Carnival has decided to change bar policy!! Yes, they have reduced the staff and the bar hours. If you think you can play bingo and have a cocktail you may want to try another bar.

Alchemy has always opened at 4pm and stayed open until about 11pm. Their new hours are 5pm to 10pm. Plus they reduced the staff to 2 bartenders from 3. A martini at Alchemy takes about 4minutes average. Be ready to wait!!!!!

This is a disservice to the passengers and staff.

I guess this is the new initiative to save money!!!!! WAY TO GO CARNIVAL!!!!!

#carnival #carnivalsunshine

I just got off the Sunshine yesterday -

sounds like the bar in the Liquid Lounge wasn't scheduled to open until 4pm ... BUT there are a number of other bars that would be open just steps from the Liquid Lounge for you to get a coctail.

We left or passed by the Alchemy bar after 11pm every night - it was still going strong. Folks there seemed to be more interested in the process of the designer drink construction than being in a hurry. The hurry-up folks seemed to gravitate to the Red Frog Pub.

This is a new initiative. We are sitting at the Havana bar...one bartender at lunch. The poor girl has been swamped!!!

Alchemy did stay until 11:30pm because there was a lgbt get to know you last night. I will see what time they close tonight.

I did speak to the food director last night. Trying to locate the beverage director.

Just a little frustrated...

This is a new initiative. We are sitting at the Havana bar...one bartender at lunch. The poor girl has been swamped!!!

Alchemy did stay until 11:30pm because there was a lgbt get to know you last night. I will see what time they close tonight.

I did speak to the food director last night. Trying to locate the beverage director.

Just a little frustrated...

Things vary from cruise to cruise. I can tell you on our August cruise on the Sunshine that the bar gal sat on her hands foremost of that time and never along wait. Take a couple of breaths and enjoy your cruise.

UPDATE-- according to the carnival app (AWESOME app) Alchemy will now be open from 5pm until midnight.

Thank you carnival!!!!!! I like when they solve an issue ahead of time!!:)

I've been off the Sunshine for 3 days ... I'm not sure this was an issue for anyone but you :D It was open late every night on our 8 day trip.

UPDATE-- according to the carnival app (AWESOME app) Alchemy will now be open from 5pm until midnight.

Thank you carnival!!!!!! I like when they solve an issue ahead of time!!:)

There never was an issue. Only the one you created. I spent 8 days on the Sunshine in the busy summertime and never had a problem finding a drink. You should go enjoy your cruise.

11-night Journeys cruise at the end of November - Alchemy Bar was open until 1 am every night. I just looked at my FunTimes. I don't visit there, but I do know it seemed very busy whenever I passed on my way to and from late dining.

Schedules and staff aren't set in stone. Things happen and sometimes adjustments need to be made.