GTY Mini Suite

sandheichert

Did it once and it was not the best experience at the time. They sold us the MS GTY, then two days before sailing our TA called and told us that there were no more MS's available. NCL wanted to bump us down to a regular balcony and only give us $500 in OBC. The difference in room price alone was more than $750. After many back and forth phone calls, we were finally given our MS. I assume they found someone else to take their "deal".

Personally I would not book a GTY again.

FYI, I just got back from the Getaway. There were 16 of us, Some in a mini suite, some with balconies, and some (me) in a family oceanview, and some in an inside cabin. I did not notice any size difference between the mini suite, the balcony, and the oceanview. Some of them commented that my room seemed to be bigger than their mini suite. I also liked that I had a curtain in my oceanview separating the bed from the couch area. The mini suites or balconies didn't have this.

We did a MS GTY on the Epic in 2013. When our cabin was assigned, I was disappointed, since we were on deck 8 right next to the lifeboats. Once we got on board, though, we loved our room. The balcony was larger than normal, we were in a great location on the ship, and the lifeboats really didn't bother us much. When I think about the money we saved going the GTY route, I don't think we would have paid more to pick our cabin somewhere else.