Attaching luggage tags

rgmacm

Has anybody ever laminated them and then zip-tied them on? That's what I'm planning on. Hope it works.

We did that once its just easier to have the tags. Reusable for years. You can tape and staple or whatever we just slide them in the holder and attache to the bags over 20 cruises that way. We do what we want you do whatever you like.

Edited by mmckm

I fold, tape at home and put them in my carry on - zip tie at the port.

I have had them come off at a rainy port day - but as soon as I described my missing suitcase, they brought it up.

Suitcase always has attached travel tag with my business card in it - do not put my home address on suitcase - do not want to advertise where the empty house is.

We use packing tape or clear contact paper, fold and attach with a ribbon. Never had a problem until last year when the tag came off somehow. Had to go to customer service and they took me to a room full of undeliverable suitcases, found our right away cause I also put our initial on with colored electrica tape. But now I have to do something about attaching this years to make it more secure.

We fly in and i don't want to carry tape and a stapler, its just one more thing to pack. The tag holders are convenient and cheap.

I have used the stapler at the hotel desk.

No problem.

I also have one of those little pencil bag tot staplers.

We just fold them up and put on two just in case, but so far none has been lost.

I also put an unfolded copy inside the bag.

I fold my luggage tag as directed, lay out a strip of clear duct tape longer than the tag, lay the luggage tag on it with the info facing the sticky side, loop it through the luggage handle and stick the ends over. I make extra tags and attach one to both handles-side and top. I want to make sure my tag stays on. I take a small pair of scissors and cut them off when luggage arrives to cabin.

Has anybody ever laminated them and then zip-tied them on? That's what I'm planning on. Hope it works.

This is what I do all the time. I have access to a laminator at work so that makes is easy for me. I punch a hole and attach with zip ties. Since we usually drive the day before, I attach them before we leave the house.

Covered in packing tape to make them water proof. Then I staple 2 on each bag and throw my info inside the bag. I had a handle to break on a suitcase when giving them the luggage for getting on the Breeze. Good thing I had more than 1 tag on the bag. Then since I cruise so much, I just ordered some big tags off amazon.