2016 Allure Dining Options

Uchylisa

OK, i'm sorry if I keep hounding on this, but I'm wondering if there is even going to be a main dining room seating option available to 2016 cruisers?

Here is what the Q&A on the Royal Caribbean Site says:

IS there a difference between Dynamic Dining and My Time Dining? I don't understand that. As I said before when I booked I was told the only Option for dinner was My Time Dining, seems like many people have had issues with their reservations being incorrect or long lines, so I'm not terribly excited about this option.

Dining:Food & Beverage

Q: I'm sailing on Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas in 2015 and I am already booked for the early/late seating in the Main Dining Room. What do I do?

A: Guests booked on Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas will continue to dine in the Main Dining Room in accordance to their original reservation until the introduction of Dynamic Dining in late 2015. During this time guests will enjoy the cruise line's world-renowned GOLD Anchor Service and an expansive menu of delicious dinner options in early and late seating dining -- as well as the flexible My Time Dining program, among up to 20 dining options aboard the world's largest and most innovative cruise ships.

OK, i'm sorry if I keep hounding on this, but I'm wondering if there is even going to be a main dining room seating option available to 2016 cruisers?

Here is what the Q&A on the Royal Caribbean Site says:

IS there a difference between Dynamic Dining and My Time Dining? I don't understand that. As I said before when I booked I was told the only Option for dinner was My Time Dining, seems like many people have had issues with their reservations being incorrect or long lines, so I'm not terribly excited about this option.

Dining:Food & Beverage

Q: I'm sailing on Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas in 2015 and I am already booked for the early/late seating in the Main Dining Room. What do I do?

A: Guests booked on Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas will continue to dine in the Main Dining Room in accordance to their original reservation until the introduction of Dynamic Dining in late 2015. During this time guests will enjoy the cruise line's world-renowned GOLD Anchor Service and an expansive menu of delicious dinner options in early and late seating dining -- as well as the flexible My Time Dining program, among up to 20 dining options aboard the world's largest and most innovative cruise ships.

Royal has decided NOT to introduce Dynamic Dining on either Oasis or Allure. You'll still have traditional MDR dining.

Also I should add, dynamic and my time are not related. If you can only get my time it just means traditional times are booked out. You can reserve a time for my time online or inboard, or you can just arrive when you want to eat (there may be a wait). It's just like a land restaurant

OK, I will just call and get on the wait list of MDR. I booked in Nov, seems a bit early to have early and late dining both full. But I"m a newbie, what do I know. Thank goodness I have all you knowledgable folks on CC!!!:D

OK, I will just call and get on the wait list of MDR. I booked in Nov, seems a bit early to have early and late dining both full. But I"m a newbie, what do I know. Thank goodness I have all you knowledgable folks on CC!!!:D

I don't know what's going on with the dining either, but I've seen dining choices unavailable over a year in advance.

We're going on the Allure March 20, and we'll be doing the early seating for dinner, which, based on the above notes, is scheduled for 6:00. My question is, I've made reservations for Mamma Mia for 8:00 PM on the day we depart. I assume that's doable. If dinner runs a little long, we could always leave dinner a little early, and skip desert, I guess, since it's not like we can't find some more food later if we need it. :D

Thoughts?

We're going on the Allure March 20, and we'll be doing the early seating for dinner, which, based on the above notes, is scheduled for 6:00. My question is, I've made reservations for Mamma Mia for 8:00 PM on the day we depart. I assume that's doable. If dinner runs a little long, we could always leave dinner a little early, and skip desert, I guess, since it's not like we can't find some more food later if we need it. :D

Thoughts?

I would tell your dinner waiter that you need to be finished by 7:30pm, to give you time to get to the theater and get decent seats. Skipping dessert that night is a good idea.

Edited by clarea

On Oasis in March, when DD was suppose to roll out but didn't, there seemed to be a lot of confusion and long lines for MDR. We had late seating with 10 other family members so we knew the table number that had been assigned.

When DW and I showed up the first night they looked at the computer and said, "sorry don't have you listed". We could see the family already sitting at the table so we just walked past the guy and went to our table.

The remainder of the nights, when we didn't do CK or specialty, we did the same thing, just walked on in and went to our table. Almost every night there were long lines of people waiting to be seated in MDR. I suggest you locate your assigned table and just go to it bypassing the check in.

On Oasis in March, when DD was suppose to roll out but didn't, there seemed to be a lot of confusion and long lines for MDR. We had late seating with 10 other family members so we knew the table number that had been assigned.

When DW and I showed up the first night they looked at the computer and said, "sorry don't have you listed". We could see the family already sitting at the table so we just walked past the guy and went to our table.

The remainder of the nights, when we didn't do CK or specialty, we did the same thing, just walked on in and went to our table. Almost every night there were long lines of people waiting to be seated in MDR. I suggest you locate your assigned table and just go to it bypassing the check in.

I don't think there's a need to do this. There were no problems at all at the check-in to MDR this past October - we were taken straight to our table, no fuss, no muss. If we hadn't checked in, I doubt we would have known where to find it! It was sort of in a nook towards the back of The Grande section and we probably would have spent half of dinner trying to hunt it down!