Barcelona Port to Airport

canadian9981

We (a family of 12 including 2 children) will be coming off Harmony of the Seas on a Sunday in August. We have to catch a 11:45 am flight. Since I read that the taxi line is very long at Barcelona's port, we are thinking of arranging for a private transfer for our peace of mind as we will need to go in 3 cabs.

1. Does anyone know of a reliable transfer company?

2. Does anyone know what the car seat requirement is in Barcelona? If we went the taxi route, the taxis will not be equipped with a child car seat. Will the taxi driver refuse to drive us?

Any info will be appreciate.

Thanks!

We (a family of 12 including 2 children) will be coming off Harmony of the Seas on a Sunday in August. We have to catch a 11:45 am flight. Since I read that the taxi line is very long at Barcelona's port, we are thinking of arranging for a private transfer for our peace of mind as we will need to go in 3 cabs.

2. Does anyone know what the car seat requirement is in Barcelona? If we went the taxi route, the taxis will not be equipped with a child car seat. Will the taxi driver refuse to drive us?

Thanks!

try taxi-finder.com

they are a third party operator covering many countries but you fill in your requirements and they send them to local operators

from there you choose the one fitting your needs

for your party sixe a minbus may be a better option than 3 taxis

Can try shuttledirect.com (I used them once, pretty reliable) they quote 140€ for 12. Also http://www.booktaxibcn.com/ slightly cheaper quote 132€ for 12 pax bus. Frankly 3 cabs should be less. The approved port to airport fixed price is 39€ (T-4 rate) http://www.aeropuertobarcelona-elprat.com/ingl/barcelona_airport_taxis.htm The lines for taxi not necessarily long just depends, on timing (we didn't wait at all).

Also its hard to prebook pickup for specific time unless you take luggage down yourself and don't reply on port luggage carousels and cruise line approximate time slots. It takes around 10-15 min to get from ship to taxi stand on your own.

Edited by hkto

We'll be debarking off Carnival Vista on a Saturday morning. We have a 10:45a flight and plan on doing self-debarkation. Are we okay just grabbing a cab or would we be better to arrange private car service? It would be four adults and we have no problem taking two taxis if needed due to compact cars. TIA:)

We'll be debarking off Carnival Vista on a Saturday morning. We have a 10:45a flight and plan on doing self-debarkation. Are we okay just grabbing a cab or would we be better to arrange private car service? It would be four adults and we have no problem taking two taxis if needed due to compact cars. TIA:)

I would go with a taxi.

Keith

Thanks!

I am sorry I can't recommend one but be sure to also try Trip Advisor.

Keith