Question Little french Key

ranchette

How long does it take to get to the island from the cruise ship? What time do they meet you at the ship? We are taking the package including the lunch,what time do they usually serve lunch?

We have to be back to the ship by 3:30 do you think we will have enough time on the island?

Sorry for all the questions but we are wondering if this will be worthwhile.

Thanks for any replies

How long does it take to get to the island from the cruise ship? What time do they meet you at the ship? We are taking the package including the lunch,what time do they usually serve lunch?

We have to be back to the ship by 3:30 do you think we will have enough time on the island?

Thanks for any replies

It is not a ship excursion - they do not meet you at the ship. Where they meet you and what time will depend on which port you are at and what time you dock.

from what I have read, its about 10 minutes from Mahogany bay, and about 30(?) from Coxen Hole. The guides are supposed to be waiting at the port (outside the port area) 1 hour prior to the ships docking/arriving.

I know Jade is going to be there 8-4, so if we can get there by 9 or 10, we'd have 4-5 hours to enjoy it.

I dont know that my kids could do much more beach than that without a break.

Thanks for any replies

Lunch is served when you request it. It really is a large lunch and I recommend sharing it for your kids as there really is a lot of food and can save you some money by purchasing the 58pp pack age and a 88pp, instead of 2 88pp. Even if you have already reserved your package they do not take the money till you get there and you can change your mind.

They are very conscience of the ships departure time and will work with you.

There is never enough time on that little island. Truly a paradise. Break up the beach for your kids with a walk thru the zoo. But even if you only have 3-4 hours it is still a must see place. The water is so pretty and the setting is like your own private tropical island.

Jade will be at Coxen Hole. Docking maybe or maybe not - depends on if and when other ships are there. I'm hoping for th 1 hour of docking to let people off then tendering, but even if it's all tendering, I'm going to use the concierge to get off early.. So we can maximize our day there.

Just was on the Jade the week of 1/16 and did LFK. LOVED IT. Probably got off the ship @ 8:30-9. Tendering was no problem. Life boats were plentiful and they anchor close to shore. Had to ask where to find the LFK guys and even then weren't sure we found the right ones, but it all worked out. About 25 minute bus ride to Frenchys and then short barge ride to the island. We were there for about 4 hours. I agree that you could spend much more time there (several people, including us, said they wish they could stay there for days), but 3-4 hours are enough to eat, see the animals, explore, and get in the water. We kind of like the fact that we could go back again, sit on another side of the little island and have a slightly different experience. Can't recommend it highly enough. My favorite excursion for sure.