Major snowstorm

Giorgi-one

We had this happen to us when we were on Princess. We did not use Princess Air. However, Princess notified us that our flight was cancelled prior to disembarkation so we were able to contact the hotel we stayed in pre-cruise and they were able to accommodate us for two nights. Of course, since the flight was cancelled due to weather, we were responsible for our expenses. My company was very understanding as this was a major weather event and the media did a great amount of reporting on the flight cancellations. It is imperative that people have the necessary credit to cover their expenses should travel delays occur.

We had this happen to us when we were on Princess. We did not use Princess Air. However, Princess notified us that our flight was cancelled prior to disembarkation so we were able to contact the hotel we stayed in pre-cruise and they were able to accommodate us for two nights. Of course, since the flight was cancelled due to weather, we were responsible for our expenses. My company was very understanding as this was a major weather event and the media did a great amount of reporting on the flight cancellations. It is imperative that people have the necessary credit to cover their expenses should travel delays occur.

A really good point....I always keep my Amex corporate card unused when I travel just for that reason...you just never know when you need a company like Amex and a credit limit that will allow you to pay for all kinds of unexpected things like doctor visits, hotels, meals, new plane tickets, change of clothing....

I am not quite sure I get your point. If you are able to deal with missing work on the tail end of the cruise due to weather, why can't you deal with it at the front end?

Because in the beginning you have accounted for personal days and vacation days taken. You may have to dip into any extra days on the way home. My company requires 2 weeks notice for vacation or personal time. I wouldn't get paid for any days taken on the back end. This is why I don't even bother taking vacation in the winter unless I plan on staying home.