On board cosmetics

GizmoCat

Have never sailed with Carnival before so not sure what the on board shops are like. Am going on Splendor this weekend and wondering if they sell Clarins cosmetics on board and if so are they cheaper than in either the US or UK. Many thanks if anyone can help.

I don't remember ever seeing a display of any cosmetics in the onboard shops. I know they have a small selection of travel items, shampoo, hair spray, aspirin, etc. but I'm pretty sure that's about it.

They sell cosmetics in the same shop as the jewelry and watches.

You are thinking about the gift shop.

Not sure about Clarins. From a girl who's had to run and get cosmetics on 2 of her last 3 cruises 😢, the price is the same as US list prices. You save the tax, but in my case you don't get rewards points.

It's not the full lines either, I tend to prefer Estee Lauder's double wear light for warmer weather. It's a basic but I've never seen it on ship. Forget eyeshadow, and you are limited to only about 3 quads from each brand.

That being said, I've always managed to find what I needed urgently and another thing or 2. 😀

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Edited by pezhead

They have some but nothing like a department store selection. I had to pay $16 for a small bottle of make-up remover. Would have been less than half that price at home but I forgot mine so I had to bite the bullet. Take yours with you.

Haven't seen Clarins on board any Carnival ship and Carnival cruise #26 is tomorrow. I have been to cosmetic stores in ports like Nassau (on Bay St.), in Grand Cayman, and you might try AH Riise in downtown Charlotte Amalie if you go to St. Thomas. They have a good selection of different brands.