Deciding Among Two Different Cave Tubing Excursions

JC5240

Hi Everyone!

I have a cruise booked on the Getaway on May 15th - May 22nd, and are in the beginning stages of planning excursions.

I noticed on the NCL website that there are two different excursions for Cave Tubing in Belize City:

Cave Tubing & Rainforest Trek ($109 PP)

Crystal Cave Tubing ($129 PP)

Can anybody give insight on the difference (besides the price and the two different caves)? Has anybody done both? Liked one better than the other? The price is only $20 difference so that's not a concern, I'm just not sure what the difference is (besides two different caves).

To those that are familiar with the caves themselves, are there any major differences? The basis of both excursions are basically the same...70 minutes of travel time by bus, hiking, tubing, and lunch. I'm just wondering if there are any major differences between the two, and if you would lean towards one or the other and why.

I'll also post this in the Port of Call section, as I'd love to get some insight from locals as well!

Thanks to everyone in advance :)

the Cave-tubing is a hike then a float thru the caves viewing the formations,the crystal cave is short floating time, walking and exploring the cave viewing the formations, requires walking on the uneven cave floor and being flexible such as to crawl to enter the room and see the crystal chamber.

Stu

• 1 month later...