Eclipse of the Sun AND Crossing the Equator

Jarronwood

On my upcoming cruise in March, I note that there is going to be a total solar eclipse whilst in Manila. It starts at 7.51 am to be precise. Do you think that the ship will have the special solar eclipse glasses? If not, is the ship likely to set something up for viewing?

Second question, on the cruise we cross the equator although I am not sure at what precise time - will the ship do a special ceremony?

Although there will be a total solar eclipse, it is unfortunately only partial in Manila and will not even be noticeable without some form of viewing aid. The area where the eclipse is total is further south, passing across southern Borneo.

Second question, on the cruise we cross the equator although I am not sure at what precise time - will the ship do a special ceremony?

Oh yes, they will. And be sure not to miss it. Will this be your first crossing? If so, you could play a role in the festivities.;)

Oh yes, they will. And be sure not to miss it. Will this be your first crossing? If so, you could play a role in the festivities.;)

Yes it will be for both of us. Does the Captain dress up as King Neptune and duck your head in a barrel?

I have been trying to work out roughly what time and day we will cross - but I guess it will be posted in the daily bulletin?

Yes it will be for both of us. Does the Captain dress up as King Neptune and duck your head in a barrel?

I have been trying to work out roughly what time and day we will cross - but I guess it will be posted in the daily bulletin?

Be assured that Neptune will make a grand entrance and you will be forewarned of his arrival in plenty of time to participate in the activities.