CONSTELLATION OCT 10. 16 itinerary change ?"

zoncom

Does anyone have CORRECT revised itin? Hear Istanbul has been dropped. X is famous for listing changes at pier. This change would affect air too. Thanks.

They haven't changed the itinerary on the website yet but Celebrity have announced that this year if Istanbul is a cruise port it will be changed but if it is a start or finish of a cruise there will be no overnighter. I am picking you will arrive in Istanbul at the end of your cruise a day later but have your overnighter in Athens which seems to be the way things are happening

We are on the Connie for a B2B starting Nov2 out of Rome. We will be arriving in Istanbul at 2 p.m. on the 13th of Nov, which makes it too late to see anything as the sun is down about 5 p.m. AND are not leaving until 11 p.m. on the 14th, so we are there overnight but were supposed to have an extra day there which is gone. No word if Celebrity is going to have tours that day.

What concerns me more is that at the end of 2015 they cancelled all of the Israeli ports and aren't saying anything about Israel for this year.

If we lose Istanbul and Israel that is about 5 days that would be changed.

I am not interested in the Greek Islands or an extra day in Athens.

They haven't changed the itinerary on the website yet but Celebrity have announced that this year if Istanbul is a cruise port it will be changed but if it is a start or finish of a cruise there will be no overnighter. I am picking you will arrive in Istanbul at the end of your cruise a day later but have your overnighter in Athens which seems to be the way things are happening

We are on the Connie for a B2B starting Nov2 out of Rome. We will be arriving in Istanbul at 2 p.m. on the 13th of Nov, which makes it too late to see anything as the sun is down about 5 p.m. AND are not leaving until 11 p.m. on the 14th, so we are there overnight but were supposed to have an extra day there which is gone. No word if Celebrity is going to have tours that day.

What concerns me more is that at the end of 2015 they cancelled all of the Israeli ports and aren't saying anything about Israel for this year.

If we lose Istanbul and Israel that is about 5 days that would be changed.

I am not interested in the Greek Islands or an extra day in Athens.

Celebrity announced that port calls for Istanbul would be cancelled. Cruises stating or ending in Istanbul would not overnight. This happened some months ago. Other posters said an overnight in Athens was substituted on some cruises. I agree as not interesting to me. There would be no tours in Istanbul as it is only dropping off and picking up passengers except for possibly an airport/ city excursion IMO.

I acknowledge no Istanbul over nights. Am also interested in Oct Connie. Looks like 3 Connies with Istanbul emb./disembarkations in Oct. They would really have to change all 3 with real flight complications or leave Istanbul one day only.One guy on Roll call Oct 10 calls it as another Greek island and Istanbul disembark as substitute for overnight. Agent says no official call by X yet but they better announce soon to sell cruises and allow people to book flights, especially using miles.I have had X handing out port changes at time of boarding.I wish to do a B2B with tight connections but cannot book until last port firmed up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gosh we didn't get any notification about the change, but we found it out ourselves. I'm actually really happy with the change. It means a long port day in Athens, which takes the pressure off (we sight-see on our own), and we plan to stay two nights in Istanbul post cruise, which will be nice. We've already booked our flights through choice air, so I really hope there isn't a need for the cruise to change again... For our sake as well as for the people in that region!

• 3 weeks later...

We are also booked on Oct 10 sailing, and as of today it shows 2 nights in Dubrovnik day 2 and 3 and disembark in Istanbul... what was the originally itinerary?? At this point I am only booking the air to Venice ..In a few months I will look at the return air... I think if there are more terrorist attacks in Istanbul, as was in January, then we will just disembark in Athens and fly home from there, not optimal but doable..

Edited by MortgageChick