Inline Skating question

I read somewhere that you can inline skate only during certain hours. Why is this and what are the hours? Do they use the area for something else during other times? It just seems odd, especially because I also read that miniature golf is open 24 hours. We're travelling on NOS on Nov. 26.:D

The hours of the inline track are, to say the least, bizarre. When you would think they would be open they aren't. All I can say is check out your Compass daily to see when it will be open for skating. We always have a great time skating on the ship. Just something about skating on the ocean that makes it even more fun. Enjoy!!:D

Guest cruzr44
The hours of the inline track are, to say the least, bizarre. When you would think they would be open they aren't. All I can say is check out your Compass daily to see when it will be open for skating. We always have a great time skating on the ship. Just something about skating on the ocean that makes it even more fun. Enjoy!!:D

Is it for just skating or do you have to dodge joggers/walkers?

Is it for just skating or do you have to dodge joggers/walkers?

It's a seperate area just for inline skating, track is kinda of small and narrow with padded walls which go about about as high as your waist. It's on the same deck and near the minature golf.

Jimbo

They have to have someone there to sign out the skates and make sure no one gets hurt. So the hours are limited. Same with the rock wall and ice rink.
This is reasonable. Skating can easily lead to injuries: my daughter broke her wrist skating, and she wasn't going fast or doing anything outrageous -- she just ran into the wall while trying to exit the rink.

The exact hours they are open will differ slightly from ship to ship, but I can tell you that it is never open while in port. They do open on port days, but only after the ship leaves port from like 6-8pm. Not real good if you have early sitting in the dining room. Also, on sea days I do not think it was ever open in the morning, just the afternoon and evening while closing for staff dinner around 4 or 5pm.

Archived