Carnival Fantasy 4B Interior Cabins

cbtengwife

My TA has gotten me a great deal on Carnival Fantasy 4B interior cabin. These are Deck 4 (Riviera) mid ship and Deck 5 (Main) forward and aft. Has anyone stayed in these cabins? Which would you recommend? Deck 5 forward, Deck 5 aft or Deck 4 mid?

Thanks for any advice on this.

The cabins are identical. It's all about what you like. We prefer aft.

There are a few sideways cabins, behind the elevators. Those are very roomy but they do have a pole in the middle. Some in our group prefer these.

Our first cruise was an interior room on the Fantasy on the Riviera deck. We loved it! I cannot honestly remember one issue we had with it - whether from ship movement, funny smells, temp issues or anything. Would book one again in a heartbeat. (though I cannot remember if we were forward, mid or aft)

I would go Deck 5 aft, so then you have rooms above and below you so it will be a quiet spot. A couple weeks ago I was Deck 4 forward in a porthole room and the thrusters woke me up every morning while pulling into port with the bed shaking lol.

I prefer the forward rooms to aft. Aft seems to get a lot of vibrations & very odd, inconsistent movements & sounds. Some sound like loud crashes at random times. All of this happens even when sailing in calm waters. The forward, on the other hand, has very consistent movements & sounds, which can be more of a soothing thing. Except when it comes to pulling into port, which is noisier & inconsistent. However, at those times, I want to be waking up anyway. It serves as my alarm clock, although I have slept through those sounds many times.

To reduce movement & noise, midship is best. I would have no problem at all with a midship deck 4 room. But I personally might prefer deck 5 forward, to have rooms both above & below, and to put me one deck closer to the action.

I was just in M88. (Not sure if it's a 4b). It was very quiet.

However, I personally would not take this room unless there were 4 people staying in it. I should have taken a picture of the cabin. My bed was against the wall and there was an upper bunk mounted to the wall above me. It sticks out from the wall about a foot and it ran the whole length of my bed. I hit my head on that bunk more than once. Had to try to remember to sleep on the outside edge of the bed -and apparently my memory stinks while I'm sleeping. Mom's bed was in front of the window so the upper bunk on her side was only over her head. Luckily she is short so she schooched down in the bed to keep from hitting her head.

It was a free cruise for me so the room was good enough but not something I would pick on purpose since I travel solo or with 1 other person so I don't need the bunks.