Upsell phone number from UK

newcastlemam

I'm afraid you have to just call the normal number as listed above, and from my experience, they will not give a deal better than paying the difference between what you paid and what the cabin you want is currently selling for.

We even tried calling the NCL US number but they wouldn't deal with us since we booked with NCL UK.

Let us know how you get on!

I'm afraid you have to just call the normal number as listed above, and from my experience, they will not give a deal better than paying the difference between what you paid and what the cabin you want is currently selling for.

We even tried calling the NCL US number but they wouldn't deal with us since we booked with NCL UK.

Let us know how you get on!

Same for us. I don't think us Brits get the same up sell opportunities as the USA folks. We did manage to squeeze a bit more obc out of our pcc though.

Hello

I have noticed there appears to be different rules for different countries.

I have raised the issue with my travel agent today and they are in contact with NCL and awaiting a response.

Will keep you posted.

I suspect the get out will be that they have no upsells for my cruise on 3rd February!!!

The travel agent contacted NCL and the answer was that the upsell offer is not available to UK customers.

Their defence was that they offer certain offers on certain of their sites.

As far as I know all other offers are available to all customers regardless where they book, the only variation between sites could be price.

To me this seems discrimination by NCL, I would appreciate hearing others views on this subject and if you agree with my thoughts, how we should proceed from here.

As far as I know all other offers are available to all customers regardless where they book, the only variation between sites could be price.

Not true, offers and terms do differ a lot in different markets. No discrimination here.

The travel agent contacted NCL and the answer was that the upsell offer is not available to UK customers.

Their defence was that they offer certain offers on certain of their sites.

To me this seems discrimination by NCL, I would appreciate hearing others views on this subject and if you agree with my thoughts, how we should proceed from here.

No I do not agree with you. The U.K. has better consumer protection laws then the US. You get exactly what you pay for. Would that be discrimination against Americans?

There are numerous occasions the UK has had better perks then the US site does. Different countries, different perks.

Also if you see one of the earlier posts someone from the UK got an upsell from a balcony to the Haven. That just sounds like they have a better PCC.

Hello

I have noticed there appears to be different rules for different countries.

I have raised the issue with my travel agent today and they are in contact with NCL and awaiting a response.

Will keep you posted.

I suspect the get out will be that they have no upsells for my cruise on 3rd February!!!

They are rules or policies...none of this stuff is published or anything.

It's just business. No discrimination. We often get better deals to begin with compared to our US friends. And like I said, we asked about an upgrade but none were available but did get $50 per person obc from our PCC. because our staterooms are now selling £20 cheaper for the same cruise.

No I do not agree with you. The U.K. has better consumer protection laws then the US. You get exactly what you pay for. Would that be discrimination against Americans?

There are numerous occasions the UK has had better perks then the US site does. Different countries, different perks.

Also if you see one of the earlier posts someone from the UK got an upsell from a balcony to the Haven. That just sounds like they have a better PCC.

The idea that UK consumer protection laws in the UK make a difference in price or the inability to cancel outside of final payment and get a refund, or the possibility of getting upgrades is a myth.

This is proven by the fact that bookings made on the EU site come under the same laws and regulations. However the pricing and deposit schemes are completely different to the UK.

An example would be for a 7 night cruise

UK £100 pp non refundable deposit final payment due 60 days before cruise

EU 10% of cruise fare non refundable deposit and final payment due 31 days before cruise

NCL operate in individual markets and set there prices, perks and conditions accordingly. There is no legal reason they can not offer the same conditions in the UK as they do in the EU or the US for that matter but they choose not to.

I have first hand experience of getting a better deal in the EU when booking from the UK with all the same protections.

There are a lot of issues with international travel companies operating in the UK/EU charging UK bookings more than EU bookings for the same product with Disneyland Paris being a prime example

Well, we sail on 14th and I have just priced up on our cruise online and it's £500 more for a mini-suite if I book today for our family (and we got 3 and 4 for port fees only), but my cruise consultant tells me there is no upgrade available?

When I enquired before about moving into The Haven because UK price was £7,000 but US site price was just $4000 (yes, tell me about it) I was told I could not have it for that price.

We are planning to go onto the Breakaway in August but I am not going to book until last minute as the offers are so much better and it should be half the price. I do have a friend who is a US travel agent booking mainly DCL, but I will book through her if need be!! We are not drinkers or fussed about dining upgrade, I'd rather save 2k on my cabin fare than get free drinks!!