RC Oasis of the seas kids club 6-8 worried mom

Twilightimp

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the kids club. as this is our first time with RC I wanted to know what the 6-8 years old room was like..im a bit worried about dropping our son off for more then a few minutes alone. unlike Disney who had ship to shore cell phones in each room. I wont be able to call him and check on him, the idea of him being alone with adults and even kids on that big boat and him not being able to just call me , unlike at school or home , and mind you he is a very trusting and friendly kid worries me a lot. has anyone had there kids in this program? how did you like it? how did your kids like it? please give me all your pros and cons..thank you!

DD is nearly 5 and has done the nursery on RCCL and kids club on MSC & Disney. There has never been an issue.

On RCCL we were automatically given a phone by the nursery (the only time we ever used it was to reach each other).

On MSC we put a deposit on a ship portable phone. It was used once to call us when DD fell asleep at dinner.

On Disney the only time we used the phones to communicate with each other. DD did not like the kids club at all (no structure/free-for-all) so she didn't spend much time there (as opposed to MSC).

Just set times/expectations with your son as to when you'll pick him up. DD knows that when she goes to school, kids club, etc that we will be back to get her at a certain time (we never call each other). If your worry will upset your ability to enjoy yourself, RCCL might have some phones for rent (I seem to recall hearing that). There are also a lot of phones throughout the ship that you can use to call & check on him.

Our son has been on three RCI cruises, and he loves the kids club. The best thing to do is try him out for just an hour or so his first time to see how he does, and if he likes it, he will ask to stay longer. Our son begs to go to the club in the evenings - during the day, he wants to go in pool...

• 2 months later...

My experience with kids club has been a good one. I haven't been on such a large ship as Oasis but I presume they would run the kids club the same way on all RCCL ships. Kids have to be signed in and signed out, so that should make you feel better, security wise. As someone else said just try it out and see how you and your children feel. And you can go and check on them while they are in kids club. :)