Thank You Donald B in Customer Service!

maldenmusic

For nearly 2 years, since April 2014, my VIFP status has been incorrect. When CCL made their past guest changes, my Gold status went to Blue and I ended up with 2 VIFP accounts. Then they tried merging them, but deleted the correct (gold) one, then gave me a different number, then I didn't exist in their records, even after 9 cruises, etc. I made numerous calls and sent an equal number of emails. I spoke with customer service reps, supervisors and even their bosses. No one was able to fix this seemingly easy to fix problem so I finally gave up. Right before Christmas I decided to book another cruise so I thought I'd tackle this again. This time I got Donald B and he took me seriously. After several calls and emails back and forth Donald got my problem fixed. I now have yet another new VIFP number but all my past cruises show up and everything is correct. Thanks Donald for fixing my problem in a few weeks after getting no results for the past year and a half.

Wow, we had the same thing happen to us actually when the change occurred. However, after only a couple of calls they attached the correct cruises to the new #. I would be highly upset if it took this long to correct what I feel was their mistake to begin with. So glad they finally gave you the credit you deserve! They should have bumped you up more for all the inconvenience, lol.

For nearly 2 years, since April 2014, my VIFP status has been incorrect. When CCL made their past guest changes, my Gold status went to Blue and I ended up with 2 VIFP accounts. Then they tried merging them, but deleted the correct (gold) one, then gave me a different number, then I didn't exist in their records, even after 9 cruises, etc. I made numerous calls and sent an equal number of emails. I spoke with customer service reps, supervisors and even their bosses. No one was able to fix this seemingly easy to fix problem so I finally gave up. Right before Christmas I decided to book another cruise so I thought I'd tackle this again. This time I got Donald B and he took me seriously. After several calls and emails back and forth Donald got my problem fixed. I now have yet another new VIFP number but all my past cruises show up and everything is correct. Thanks Donald for fixing my problem in a few weeks after getting no results for the past year and a half.

Did you send this to Carnival? If you really want to make sure Donald gets the thanks and acknowledgement he deserves, you should at least send an email or a letter to Carnival I doubt Donald or his supervisor would read it here.

Edited by LostPuppy

Did you send this to Carnival? If you really want to make sure Donald gets the thanks and acknowledgement he deserves, you should at least send an email or a letter to Carnival I doubt Donald or his supervisor would read it here.

Yes I sent an email to Donald and forwarded the same one to his supervisor. I know he won't see it here.