Corinth Day Trip from Hotel

CruisingTexan

Howdy all, family of 4 traveling from Texas in the US to Greece for a Spring Break trip. Already have the hotels booked (although this is a cruise site which we love, it is also a great spot for port advice).

Interested in current (most responses are from 2012-2014 in the searches) options for someone staying in downtown Athens to get out to Corinth.

Would you rent a car? (I can drive manual and don't mind)

Would you hire a taxi? (Seems there are a ton, none advertise pricing)

Other? (Is Uber prevalent enough yet?)

I certainly am not a luxury traveler, but would be interested in up to date info on pricing and value of having someone pick you up at the hotel instead of trying to organize a car.

If it is against board rules to post what you paid... please feel free to message me on here with your pricing if recent.

We rented a car and had no problems driving. We did have a GPS with European maps and we rented from the airport so we did not have to drive in the city. There is an express bus to the airport and a subway. However this was in 2009 so not the up to date info you want.

We were in Athens a few months ago and went to Corinth. We used Private Greece Tours, with Nikos Loukas.

Here is a link to their website:

http://privategreecetours.com

We've used them twice for tours in Greece, in 2011 and 2015. Excellent service and prompt response to emails. I highly recommend them.

Our driver took us to Corinth and the canal, then afterwards to a wonderful restaurant where they served us poolside, Greek coffee. If you are a coffee drinker you must try Greek coffee, it's delicious. We love Greek food and the people of Greece are so welcoming and kind.

Enjoy!

If you're staying in downtown Athens, driving can be tricky as there are many pedestrian-only streets and parking could also be difficult. If you just want to rent a car for a day, I'm sure it can be arranged.

There are a number of good private taxi drivers, most have set prices for this kind of trip. Be sure to tell them you have four people (too many to fit in standard Greek taxi). This is probably the route I'd go -- but then I do not like to drive!

If you're planning a day trip, you may want to add something else to it in addition to Corinth. Once I did a daytrip to Corinth, Mycenae and Epidavros but I thought it was too much for one day. Another option is to stop at Eleusis, which is a smaller site and not too far from Athens.