PVP Perks?

SmittyCo

like most people i do all my research before calling to book the biggest thing he does for me is take care of price drops with one phone call also when i travel with a friend we all call him and he will process everyone's payments no collecting money and putting it on my card also if i need to change people he does it free of charge

I was lucky with both of mine - they were assigned to me and made first contact with me. You can get a personal referral from fellow cruisers (try asking a friend on your next cruise). Or, you can simply call Carnival's 1 800 number and ask to have one assigned to you. Give them a 'test drive' period. If you don't like them, call and ask to be assigned to someone else.

You're correct, we cannot give names or contact info of our PVPs here, but if you have contact info for any of your Carnival cruising buddies, ask them if they like their PVP and for the contact info if they do.

And when you do get a PVP, if he/she isn't doing things the way you would like, let him know what your preferences are. Some of them need to be trained a little.;) Good luck!:)

ETA: Looking at your extensive Carnival cruise history, I'm surprised you were never assigned one. Looks like someone at Carnival dropped the ball and has missed out on grabbing you up. ;)

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer. I will follow your advice.

None except them constantly calling you to book another cruise, they are a pain!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not if you have a good PVP. Mine knows I'll call him. The only time he will ever call us if I don't have anything booked and a sail comes up that he knows I typically would book under.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have never used a PVP. I call the 1-800 number to book and they can tell me cabins available in my chosen category. I am capable of submitting my early saver price changes myself. Then within 90 days, I transfer the booking to my TA and she happily gives us an OBC of about 8% to 10% of the price of our cruise. The only disadvantage is that I have to go through her for the price drops after the transfer. Last cruise on the Breeze, we got a $200 OBC and a $75 drink credit.

I was lucky with both of mine - they were assigned to me and made first contact with me. You can get a personal referral from fellow cruisers (try asking a friend on your next cruise). Or, you can simply call Carnival's 1 800 number and ask to have one assigned to you. Give them a 'test drive' period. If you don't like them, call and ask to be assigned to someone else.

You're correct, we cannot give names or contact info of our PVPs here, but if you have contact info for any of your Carnival cruising buddies, ask them if they like their PVP and for the contact info if they do.

And when you do get a PVP, if he/she isn't doing things the way you would like, let him know what your preferences are. Some of them need to be trained a little.;) Good luck!:)

ETA: Looking at your extensive Carnival cruise history, I'm surprised you were never assigned one. Looks like someone at Carnival dropped the ball and has missed out on grabbing you up. ;)

We had a decent one and he left suddenly and didnt care for the one assigned to us.

Asked a cruising friend for recommendation and have used the same one for last 10 or so cruises. She waits for me to call her and knows when I call she gets a booking.

We have had two PVPs and have had problems with both. First started out with one and had booked a good number of cruises with her. DH asked her one time about a free bottle of wine for being such loyal customers (had seen on CC that other people had done this) she got rather huffy that he should even ask such a question. The next PVP seemed to be a real go getter. Was good to work with and even would give me his cell number if I ever needed anything and he wasn't in the office. It got to the point that every time I would go to the website looking at cruises, he would call to see if I was ready to book. It was like he was stalking me. I told him a number of times that when I was ready to book I would call him. Got so bad I wasn't using CCL website. I finally had to ask John Heald for help to get him to stop calling. Have not heard from him since.

I now book either through the 1-800 number or a TA for all of my Carnival bookings.

Edited by molme