ms Rotterdam to Norway?

travellovers2

[quote name='teamflames']agree that any large group of people tend to annoy others and that cultural habits tend to be exaggerated, we Aussies are no exceptions.
Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app[/quote]

As a fellow Aussie, the only time I've ever been bothered by the behaviour of a group of nationality specific people was by my own countrymen!! It was my first cruise to Alaska, and I felt very embarrassed a number of times and the "cringe" factor was very high!! :D:D:D

Haha sorry to hear it nana. What caused the cringe? Drinking? Over use of slang? Loudness following a compliment of accent?

Having lived outside oz for 10 years we cringe any time we come home simply on hearing the accent ... Do I really sound like that?! [emoji12] haha

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

[quote name='travellovers2']Hi teamflames

Well, we already did the Baltics cruise :D that also spent two days in St Petersburg. You're going to love it. I wish we could have done that with Norway. You mention that you're glad Norway is the last part of the cruise because it would be more relaxing. That answers my question then. Two weeks of such a "relaxing" cruise might be too much for us.

We love to visit as many different places as possible. Last year in May we did the British Isles cruise and in Sept we visited (on our own) Austria and the Cezch Republic. So spending two weeks seeing the same "relaxing" scenery might not be for us.

Maybe we'll consider the 7 days on the Koningsdam and spend a week in The Netherlands. You just gave us an idea. We were actually booked on the Koningsdam for this May, but decided to go to Japan instead (on our own) no cruise because we already had to cancel Japan in 2014 due to two typhoons the same week we were cruising, so we're looking forward to being on it next year.

Thank you and I hope you enjoy your cruise!![/QUOTE]

Hi Travellers,
appreciate the positive reports on the Baltic. We are independent "backpack" style permanent travellers. We have only ever been on one cruise (Celebrity Equinox Med cruise). We usually avoid tours/cruises etc. We chose to do this cruise for 2 reasons: 1) this part of the world is very expensive for independent travel 2) my dear grandmother passed and left me some funds and she LOVED cruising and travel so decided to use it to cruise to a part of the world we might otherwise miss (and honour her in doing so).
Please note, I have not been there yet and do not know for a fact if this is cruise is "relaxing" this is more my assumption. I am feeling worried I may have prejudiced you in my feedback :eek: PLEASE base your final decisions on those with more experience!!!!!:D

[quote name='teamflames']Hi Travellers,
appreciate the positive reports on the Baltic. We are independent "backpack" style permanent travellers. We have only ever been on one cruise (Celebrity Equinox Med cruise). We usually avoid tours/cruises etc. We chose to do this cruise for 2 reasons: 1) this part of the world is very expensive for independent travel 2) my dear grandmother passed and left me some funds and she LOVED cruising and travel so decided to use it to cruise to a part of the world we might otherwise miss (and honour her in doing so).
Please note, I have not been there yet and do not know for a fact if this is cruise is "relaxing" this is more my assumption. I am feeling worried I may have prejudiced you in my feedback :eek: PLEASE base your final decisions on those with more experience!!!!!:D[/QUOTE]

No worries!! :) we cruise a lot to see many places at the same time. We just took our 26th cruise. But we also do travel on our own if it's a place we already know we like. Like Spain, France, England, Japan, Portugal and so many more.

We're looking at the Koningsdam cruise for June or August 2017. We may go ahead and reserve the 14 days. I really want to visit Alesund and my husband doesn't want to miss Oslo.

This decision is hard because it's only one country but I have always wanted to visit Norway so maybe it does deserve my undivided attention. 😊

Are u Aussie traveller? "No worries" suggests so! If you said "no wuckas" I would know for sure!
The 2 week itinerary sounds good. My parents have done Norway in the summer but overland not cruising and really enjoyed it (except the prices which even made Sydney look cheap.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

[quote name='teamflames']Are u Aussie traveller? "No worries" suggests so! If you said "no wuckas" I would know for sure!
The 2 week itinerary sounds good. My parents have done Norway in the summer but overland not cruising and really enjoyed it (except the prices which even made Sydney look cheap.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

No Aussies here!! That's funny. We met an Aussie couple in France that told us they've been traveling for 21 days. When we grow old/er and retire then we can travel like the Aussies!! How wonderful!! For now it's 3 times a year for us. When we retire, we would love to live half a year in the US and the other half in different countries. We'll see.

We don't like to travel in the summer, too hot everywhere you go. We get enough heat in Florida all year round except a few weeks now in January and February.

[quote name='teamflames']Haha sorry to hear it nana. What caused the cringe? Drinking? Over use of slang? Loudness following a compliment of accent?

Having lived outside oz for 10 years we cringe any time we come home simply on hearing the accent ... Do I really sound like that?! [emoji12] haha

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app[/quote]

Just loud, boorish, smart a**e behavior! That's funny you should say that about the accent. I think of myself as [U]not[/U] having a very broad Australian accent. That is until I hear myself in some sort of recorded playback situation and I realise I do!!! :D:D:D

Regards
Jan