Current Anthem Cruise extended by one day

Kosi

I am on the next cruise and am not thrilled that my vacation has been shortened.

You will find out the details when you board. I suspect that there will be some kind of credit offered. For the lost day, they probably dropped the stop at Labadee. With the protests/political problems in Hati, it is likely that you were not going there anyway.

Sitting on the Anthem now in 80 degree weather in smooth seas somewhere off the coast of Florida. Most people seem very happy and we have free internet .

Fantastic! Sounds like the Grandeur is having a rockier time of it. Enjoy your extra day and best wishes to all getting home.

With most Sunday flights out of NY cancelled had Anthem returned on time there would have been an awful lot of folks sleeping at EWR. The delay also gives folks on the next sailing an extra day to get to Bayonne.

The other good news is they are loosing one day out of a 12 day cruise means there are a lot more options to still have a great cruise.

I read somewhere else that the weather on this current cruise has been rough coming and going. I am betting most folks just want to be home. Those with missed flights still have a lot of headaches ahead before they are home home. Hope things go as smooth as possible.

I am on the next sailing following the one leaving on Tuesday, hope all the troubles caused by this storm are in the past when I board Feb 6.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle departure from the current cruise and arrival for the next. There is currently a travel ban in NYC to allow for clean-up after 27+" of the white stuff fell.

That means that those that get off of the cruise may have nowhere to go.

EWR is going to be backlogged due to cancelled flights and those heading to the cruise terminal may be facing problems getting to the terminal and/or may have had cancelled flights getting into EWR.

I wonder if they stay in NJ for an additional day or so and make this into a 9 day itinerary.

Edited by Overtyme

Of course it is. It's RCI's idea to sail from NYC in the winter.:rolleyes:

The Anthem doesn't sail out of NYC. :p:p:p

(see those? Those are tongues sticking out at you, indicating scorn or disdain)

:D

Anthem sails out of Bayonne, New Jersey, called Cape Liberty.

:cool:

Instead of Labadee, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel for a 12 night cruise, we are having an 11 night cruise to Fort Lauderdale, Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel.

Compensation in the form of OBC, based on the level of accommodation booked.

It's cold right now, but seas are "barely" rough. Windy, though. Outer decks closed.

Football game being broadcast in lots of venues on the ship, plus in cabins.

Lots of shows cancelled due to safety issues with the rough seas over the past three days.

Any more questions?

The Anthem doesn't sail out of NYC. :p:p:p

(see those? Those are tongues sticking out at you, indicating scorn or disdain)

:D

Anthem sails out of Bayonne, New Jersey, called Cape Liberty.

:cool:

Can we borrow you leg please? I think it needs pulling. ;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk