Anytime dining on Ruby Princess

ottmar

We are on the Ruby Princess March 24 to Hawaii and as I read it, as anytime diners we are restricted to only the Botticelli dining room for dinner, is that correct? How about for breakfast and lunch? Also is there a beer list on this board?

I was on the Sapphire Princess in 2014 and 2014 both to Mexico. I chose anytime dining both crusies and I don't recall any restrictions anywhere. There might be differences or things might of changed since Spring 2014. I am sure someone will know for sure and post back.

I found beer everywhere.

Edited by GoneJohnson

We are on the Ruby Princess March 24 to Hawaii and as I read it, as anytime diners we are restricted to only the Botticelli dining room for dinner, is that correct? How about for breakfast and lunch? Also is there a beer list on this board?

It has been my experience on several Princess ships, including the Ruby, that the dining room on deck 5 amidships is all for anytime dining. The one on deck 6 amidships is split between traditional dining for the early seating and open for anytime dining after that.

The dining room aft on deck six is just for traditional dining only.

I expect that over time the number of people wanting traditional fixed seating times will decrease and the space for anytime diners will increase.

It has been my experience on several Princess ships, including the Ruby, that the dining room on deck 5 amidships is all for anytime dining. The one on deck 6 amidships is split between traditional dining for the early seating and open for anytime dining after that.

The dining room aft on deck six is just for traditional dining only.

I expect that over time the number of people wanting traditional fixed seating times will decrease and the space for anytime diners will increase.

Nukesubsailor is correct.

nukesubsailor gave you a very good explanation of the Anytime Dining situation on Princess. Just to add a bit to that, when you board the ship you will find a daily Princess Patter in your cabin. On the back page you'll see the dining venues, including times and which are Anytime. Generally speaking, the Deck 5 midship Dining Room, the Michelangelo, will be Anytime all evening, from 5:30pm onwards. (Although from my experience, it usually opens at 5:15pm.) The Deck 6 midship Dining Room, the Da Vinci, will start out as Traditional Dining. It will switch over to Anytime at approx. 7:30pm. The Botticelli Dining Room is reserved for Traditional Dining all evening.

To answer the other part of your question, breakfast and lunch in the Main Dining Room is open seating, and is available to both Anytime and Traditional diners. Generally it is the Deck 6 midship dining room, but check in the Patters to be sure. Also, be aware that the Dining Room is usually not open for lunch when the ship is in Port. But again, check the Patter to be certain.

nukesubsailor gave you a very good explanation of the Anytime Dining situation on Princess. Just to add a bit to that, when you board the ship you will find a daily Princess Patter in your cabin. On the back page you'll see the dining venues, including times and which are Anytime. Generally speaking, the Deck 5 midship Dining Room, the Michelangelo, will be Anytime all evening, from 5:30pm onwards. (Although from my experience, it usually opens at 5:15pm.) The Deck 6 midship Dining Room, the Da Vinci, will start out as Traditional Dining. It will switch over to Anytime at approx. 7:30pm. The Botticelli Dining Room is reserved for Traditional Dining all evening.

To answer the other part of your question, breakfast and lunch in the Main Dining Room is open seating, and is available to both Anytime and Traditional diners. Generally it is the Deck 6 midship dining room, but check in the Patters to be sure. Also, be aware that the Dining Room is usually not open for lunch when the ship is in Port. But again, check the Patter to be certain.

So we just booked the Ruby for next year is there a way to get the TD in Botticelli Dining Room? Or should we try ATD we were on the Ruby years ago but don't remember to much about the dining rooms.

So we just booked the Ruby for next year is there a way to get the TD in Botticelli Dining Room? Or should we try ATD we were on the Ruby years ago but don't remember to much about the dining rooms.

TD is the only way to get into Botticelli, and it's a sure thing if you have late seating. The dining rooms are all very similar.

If you booked through a TA they should have asked for your preference when booking. They would need to make any changes for you. If you booked directly there was an option to select your dining preference and time of booking. Early TD tends to fill up quickly.

The question might be do you want to sit down at the same time at the same table with the same people every night or do you want flexibility. If you want flexibility chose ATD. If you want the same every night choose TD. The dining rooms are very similar and the menu is the same in all three.

Edited by IECalCruiser