Ability to text others NOT on ship using Hub app?

bdpatriot1

Can anyone speak of personal experience as to if they were able to also text those not on the ship (home, etc.) using the Hub app? I thought I read that someone on the Breeze was able to text back home because they and their children had iPhones. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

PS - I have read the information from Carnival so am asking for information from those who have used the app. Thanks again.

With the social plan, I was able to iMessage my family/kids back at home no problem.

I am currently on the Breeze, iMessage worked for about 1/2 of my 8 day cruise.

Facebook messenger works also. When I inquired as to why iMessage stopped working half way through the cruise the man at the customer service desk said it's a known issue they're working on with Apple. It's something to do with the authentication with the apple server and they haven't been able to find a solution. He said some people use iMessage the whole cruise without issue and some have problems. That's why they don't advertise that iMessage is supported.

Basically, once booted off iMessage you can't get it back. I was booted. Now my phone is stuck in the "authenticate iMessage mode" and won't let me send them. I'm assuming even though I have tried to log out, back in etc, it won't work until back on land and with a stronger connection.

I hope that makes sense.

Just off the Splendor and I was able to use Facebook messenger to text home. I was also able to make calls (voice and video.....although the video chats had a "lag" to them) using Facebook messenger. I have AT&T and an android. My friend has an iPhone and her iMessage stopped working 1/2 way through the cruise.

I had planned on getting the hub app AND the social media package. However, something just dawned on me and tell me if I'm thinking right.

If you purchased the social media package, wouldn't you just be able to use the messenger on there in order to message people in your party on the ship? Therefore saving money? :confused: You wouldn't even need the hub app correct?

I had planned on getting the hub app AND the social media package. However, something just dawned on me and tell me if I'm thinking right.

If you purchased the social media package, wouldn't you just be able to use the messenger on there in order to message people in your party on the ship? Therefore saving money? :confused: You wouldn't even need the hub app correct?

The package only works on one device. So the others in your party would have to purchase it as well. For example, I only purchased one package so I wasn't able to message my daughter on whatsapp because she didn't also have the package.

(I apologize in advance if I misread the question & didn't answer properly)

The package only works on one device. So the others in your party would have to purchase it as well. For example, I only purchased one package so I wasn't able to message my daughter on whatsapp because she didn't also have the package.

Yes, we were planning on each of us buying the social media package. Just thinking that we wouldn't have to also purchase the hub package as well because we could just message each other using the social media package.

Yes, we were planning on each of us buying the social media package. Just thinking that we wouldn't have to also purchase the hub package as well because we could just message each other using the social media package.

I didn't know there was a hub package also! I didn't look into that it may have been helpful for staying in touch with my daughter on board. Oh well.

You are correct though if youare each purchasing the social media package that would be sufficient. You could message each other through FB or whatsapp or potentially imessage if it works for you. You wouldn't need anything additional.

I may be understanding it wrong. I'm not sure. But I thought I read that their was and I downloaded something on my phone called "Carnival Hub" when I heard about it. Can anyone confirm? I figured this was the same as what NCL has (but there's is $7.95 for the week). :confused:

I may be understanding it wrong. I'm not sure. But I thought I read that their was and I downloaded something on my phone called "Carnival Hub" when I heard about it. Can anyone confirm? I figured this was the same as what NCL has (but there's is $7.95 for the week). :confused:

The app is free to download and use on board. For a small additional fee ($5 USD for the voyage) the HUB App offers chat (with other users on-board). Currently it is only offered on the Breeze, Freedom, Glory, and Sunshine.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answer...ce-and-hub-app

The app is free to download and use on board. For a small additional fee ($5 USD for the voyage) the HUB App offers chat (with other users on-board). Currently it is only offered on the Breeze, Freedom, Glory, and Sunshine.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answer...ce-and-hub-app

Ok, so I wasn't going insane. :p

So instead of purchasing this, if we purchase the social package, I will still be able to message my hubby using that instead. win-win :D

So instead of purchasing this, if we purchase the social package, I will still be able to message my hubby using that instead. win-win :D

Yes, assuming Apple iMessage works the entire time. As kelkel2 reported though, it is not consistent. It could stop working for you on day 2 while it works for others the entire cruise. I would definitely have a plan B in place just in case.

Yes, assuming Apple iMessage works the entire time. As kelkel2 reported though, it is not consistent. It could stop working for you on day 2 while it works for others the entire cruise. I would definitely have a plan B in place just in case.

Well that sucks. I guess plan B would be...seek and find. He'll just have to come looking for me. :D Been there, done that before. :p

Can you sign out of one device, like my iPhone, and then sign into another device, like my iPad?