Mystery Dinner Theatre?

She was 14 at the time and figured out the culprit within 10 minutes of the start of the show and wrote it on a piece of paper and put it in her pocket to prove she was right without spoiling the experience for others.

We both thought it was a yawn, amateurish, and overpriced - about $40 each.

Google "Mystery Dinner Theatre Royal Caribbean" and you can see a You Tube video clip of one of the shows.

Edited by Bookish Angel

I did the mystery dinner on Voyager about three years ago. The food was good (I don't drink so can't comment on the wine but those at my table seemed to enjoy it). The tables were around 8 or 10 people and the entertainment staff dressed up and acted out a murder mystery. Your table then worked as a team to work out whodunnit. I can't remember what the prize was for the winning team.

It was very cliche but also pretty fun. I was sailing solo so looked at it as a good opportunity to eat in a specialty restaurant without being sat on my own.

We went to one on Voyager 2 years ago. The food was good. The show was dreadful. I've seen many, many amateur theatre productions of far better quality. (However I have also seen some so called professional productions that I wondered how on earth they could have got paid for that tripe and have rated them much lower than my local theatre groups' efforts)

If you want some mindless entertainment and don't mind silly dramatics and enjoy good food and wine, go for it. Otherwise save your money and use it for a shore excursion.

We enjoyed it - it's meant to be a spoof, an over acted style production reminiscent in style of those early silent movies is how I saw it.

Fun to do once - food was fine, wine was OK - they keep topping up your glass so that contributes to the fun of the night for many! ;)

We enjoyed it - it's meant to be a spoof, an over acted style production reminiscent in style of those early silent movies is how I saw it.

Fun to do once - food was fine, wine was OK - they keep topping up your glass so that contributes to the fun of the night for many! ;)

Yes, lots of alcohol makes the night much more enjoyable.:D