GTY Cabin Assigned already....Will it change?

amsred2

If you are already assigned a cabin, what are the odds it will change?

I understand that taking a GTY cabin assignment is a gamble. I will be happy to just be on the ship in any cabin.

We were assigned our cabin within a couple hours of booking for a last minute (two weeks away) cruise. There are only two of us and we are booked into a 5 person room. I am just really curious, more than anything, about a couple of things.

First, had anyone booked a GTY room, then received an assignment and then moved at a later time?

Second, if they do move you, does it show up under your booking or did you find out when you show up at port?

Last, when you were changed, was it for a better or worse cabin?

If you are already assigned a cabin, what are the odds it will change?

I understand that taking a GTY cabin assignment is a gamble. I will be happy to just be on the ship in any cabin.

We were assigned our cabin within a couple hours of booking for a last minute (two weeks away) cruise. There are only two of us and we are booked into a 5 person room. I am just really curious, more than anything, about a couple of things.

First, had anyone booked a GTY room, then received an assignment and then moved at a later time?

Second, if they do move you, does it show up under your booking or did you find out when you show up at port?

Last, when you were changed, was it for a better or worse cabin?

It is unlikely you will be moved unless they need your stateroom for a larger party or that stateroom is taken out of service.