rhapsody 10-23

first time cruisers here; cannot wait! flying in from phila on 10-23, then to the ship. just know that we are packing too much. this is our first vacation (just the two of us) in many years. any pointers for novice cruisers would be appreciated.

jeff and susan from levittown, pa

Hi Jeff,

My cousin, also from Phila., just cruised the Rhapsody w me a few weeks ago, the 9/18 sailing. Her first cruise as well, and it ended up being a 10 day! Well, only 8 for her since she needed to get back to work.

Here is a link to a packing list from the Crazy Cruise Club, they let us have it, and my cousin felt it was useful. Cruise Diva also has one on her site.

Like sross says, you can do all you want to do, even if it's nothing at all.

Have fun!

The Rhapsody is really nice, I loved the adults only pool. In the evenings it was often deserted and my DH and I would have it to ourselves. Also they have great room service for breakfast. Great omelots.:)

they have great laundry facilities on board at a reasonable price so feel free to take some clothes out of that suitcase and wear a few things more than once. No one will know or care. Besides, with the weight limits for luggage now, you may need it.

If either of you want spa appts, go soon after you board to book them because the prime times go early.

have a great time - take care of the ship for us.

Dear Jeff & Susan,

Here is the site for your Rhapsody 10/23/05 Meet & Mingle Roll Call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=168826&page=1 We would love to have y'all join us on there!

Also, please join us for our Official Meet & Mingle Party Monday 10/24/05 11:30 a.m. at the Moonlight Bay Lounge on Deck 6. Just register here: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do After you register, your invitation should be in your stateroom when you board.

We also have two un-official Meet & Mingle parties too! The first is a dinner party at Tortuga's on the Seawall at 61st Street the Saturday night before the cruise at 7:00 p.m. The next is on the ship at the pool bar right after the 4:15 p.m. Muster Drill and for the 5:00 p.m. sail away departure.

Hope to "see" you on the Roll Call soon!

Kat

060104_emM12_prv.gif * with a cyber Rhapsody Foo-Foo drink in my hand *

Jeff...

My DW and I have been on Rapsody twice .... and she will always be our favorite ship. Just in case you haven't heard .... she is dubbed the friendliest ship at sea. This is from crusiers that have been on many other curise ships. On our last cruise on Rapsody ...... I told my mother .( who has been on many other cruise ships) this fact and she was not to sure I was telling the truth. However, at the end the cruise she had to admit I was right. The crew ..... from the time you get onboard... to the time you leave ... will do whatever it takes to make your cruise as special as possible. We recommend you board her at 11:00 am if possible. Don't eat lunch before you go to the pier. You can eat in the Windjammer while they finish getting your room ready. If they don't have your room ready after eating just explore the ship. You can go to the RCCL site and print all the deck layouts to get a feel for the ship before you board. Oh.... one other tip .... get as many pictures taken as possible.... and pick the ones you like after all the formal pictures have been taken later in the cruise. You don't have to buy any of them unless you like them. Each formal night they have different backgrounds so go early and get all the backgrounds you like so you have more to pick from later. I know you will enjoy this great ship. We plan on another cruise on her very soon.

Archived