Visa application for NCL Pearl Panama Canal Full Transit 10/5/2016-10/20/2016

janyyqin

Hello my fellow cruisers, I will be on the Pearl to Panama Canal full transit cruise from 10/5/2016-10/20/2016. We are leaving LA, and arriving Miami. My mom has the green card. Do you have any idea or suggestions of applying visa for my mom to go through all those countries? I know, as American citizens, we don't need to apply for visa to Mexico, Costa Rica, Columbia, or Panama. What about my mother, who holds Chinese passport, yet she is the permanent resident for the United States.

This will give you general information:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Chinese_citizens

but things can change quickly, so it is best to go to each country's website and check visa requirements for Chinese Citizens. To do that google the country's name and Visa requirements for Chinese Citizens.

Be certain your mom carries her passport AND green card with her for this cruise.

Before contacting anyone else I suggest talking to NCL, explain the situation and see what they say. Even though it's the passenger's responsibility to have the required documents it wouldn't hurt to talk to them.

As said above, carry both "green" card and Chinese passport, she'll need them both to reenter the US if nothing else.