Cigarettes on board

Konde

We found St. Maarten to have the best cigarette prices. 3 cartons of camels for $50 last year. It was at the big duty free store right off the ship. I don't remember what the prices were onboard but I did go look and it was more that $50 for 3!

We found St. Maarten to have the best cigarette prices. 3 cartons of camels for $50 last year. It was at the big duty free store right off the ship. I don't remember what the prices were onboard but I did go look and it was more that $50 for 3!

St Kitts had the best price .. 5 cartons for 89 and st Maarten was second best priced.

I agree if your itinerary includes St Maarten that is the best place to buy, but keep in mind they are not the same type of cig's (they are the cheap Switzerland type). The cig's on the ship are USA made and I seem to recall a price of 2 for $55 on my last cruise that had St Maarten as a stop.

Kyle

Hi, boarding today and thinking where to buy a carton. What's the price onboard?

Anyone remembers?

Thanks!

I am using your post just as a chance to re-post this photo I took on Freedom last May. I found it amusing Perhaps it will be helpful.

signfail1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If you buy cigarettes on the islands make sure they are made in USA

Someone told me that some are made over seas...

I got Marlboro's for my pay roll clerk.. paid $111.00 four cartons....

and yes shame on me... got her 8 cartons... (she did pay for them)

You are permitted to bring one carton per person back in the U.S. port and duty is collected on the rest; however, you can bring 5 cartons from a U.S. port such as San Juan or St. Thomas. Following the rules, the cheapest cigarettes are on St. Thomas. Five cartons of Marlboros are $125 at Pueblo Supermarkets.