EWR to WTC?

cole

What is your estimate as to cost for transportation (cab) from EWR hotel to the World Trade Center and how long does it take to get from point A to point B. We know nothing about the area, so any help is appreciated.

Cole

First, you don't want to take a taxi across state lines. You should book a car service such as Dial 7 or Carmel Limo. I estimate a car service would be about $50-$60 plus tolls and tip one way.

There is quick, easy and inexpensive ($2.75 per person in each direction) mass transit from Newark Penn Station to the World Trade Center via PATH trains. Which hotel are you staying at? Your best transportation options will differ depending on your location.

Edited by njhorseman

What is your estimate as to cost for transportation (cab) from EWR hotel to the World Trade Center and how long does it take to get from point A to point B. We know nothing about the area, so any help is appreciated.

Cole

Please give us more details about your exact dates, hotel name, and number of people. Are mobility issues a consideration? Could you use public transit or a combination of local taxi and public transit to World Trade?

Car Service from EWR to World Trade would be in the $80-100 range each way. You do NOT want to use a taxi for this trip between NJ and NY.

Public transit from EWR is $11.50 via NJ Transit train and PATH.

Local taxi would be $20-30 each way for up to 4 people between your hotel and Newark Penn Station plus $2.85/pp each way for PATH to World Trade.

Travel time will vary. Car Service time will depend on the Holland Tunnel traffic - 30 minutes and up. Public transit from EWR will be an hour plus depending on connections. Taxi and public transit should be 45-60 minutes.

Please give us more details about your exact dates, hotel name, and number of people. Are mobility issues a consideration? Could you use public transit or a combination of local taxi and public transit to World Trade?

Car Service from EWR to World Trade would be in the $80-100 range each way. You do NOT want to use a taxi for this trip between NJ and NY.

Public transit from EWR is $11.50 via NJ Transit train and PATH.

Local taxi would be $20-30 each way for up to 4 people between your hotel and Newark Penn Station plus $2.85/pp each way for PATH to World Trade.

Travel time will vary. Car Service time will depend on the Holland Tunnel traffic - 30 minutes and up. Public transit from EWR will be an hour plus depending on connections. Taxi and public transit should be 45-60 minutes.

See, told you we knew nothing about getting around in this particular area ;)

We are staying at the Renaissance Hotel (airport) and probably will just be the two of us with no mobility issues for that trip. I assume that with the recommendation to NOT take a cab across state lines, it also applies to getting from the hotel to the cruise port the next day. That will involve 6 - 8 people with luggage, so we will be booking private transportation for that trip. Also, returning from the cruise back to the airport - right? Thanks for your help.

Cole

We are staying at the Renaissance Hotel (airport) and probably will just be the two of us with no mobility issues for that trip. I assume that with the recommendation to NOT take a cab across state lines, it also applies to getting from the hotel to the cruise port the next day. That will involve 6 - 8 people with luggage, so we will be booking private transportation for that trip. Also, returning from the cruise back to the airport - right? Thanks for your help.

Cole

No frills transportation from Renaissance to port and/or port to EWR - Independent driver - 888-816-0973 - phone only no website

Big picture transportation map - http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/Rail_System_Map.pdf

Newark Airport to Newark Penn Station schedule search - http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=TrainTo

PATH - http://www.panynj.gov/path/maps-schedules.html

No frills transportation from Renaissance to port and/or port to EWR - Independent driver - 888-816-0973 - phone only no website

Big picture transportation map - http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/Rail_System_Map.pdf

Newark Airport to Newark Penn Station schedule search - http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=TrainTo

PATH - http://www.panynj.gov/path/maps-schedules.html

We appreciate all of your information. Thank you!

Cole

Cole

Based on the wording of this post, where you ask about also not taking a taxi to the cruise port, I have to ask you which port you are cruising from. Are you cruising from either Manhattan or Brooklyn, which are in NY rather than Cape Liberty in NJ?

If you're cruising from NY I have to disagree with Carol's recommendation of Independent Driver. I would recommend you use Dial. 7 or Carmel Limo.

Based on the wording of this post, where you ask about also not taking a taxi to the cruise port, I have to ask you which port you are cruising from. Are you cruising from either Manhattan or Brooklyn, which are in NY rather than Cape Liberty in NJ?

If you're cruising from NY I have to disagree with Carol's recommendation of Independent Driver. I would recommend you use Dial. 7 or Carmel Limo.

You're absolutely right. My bad. For some reason I assumed the OP was cruising from Cape Liberty. I didn't read their post closely enough to pick up on the clue that they could be sailing from NYC.

If you are going into NYC, did you consider the Newark Penn Station Hilton or the Robert Treat in downtown Newark, which both have airport shuttles? The train to New York Penn Station is $5.50 each way and under 30 minutes whereas the cost from Newark Airport is $13 each way and can be over an hour by the time you fuss with the hotel shuttle and Airtrain as well.

Distance to the port is about the same.

Edited by 138east