Nieuw Amsterdam current Internet pricing

shrimpboat123

The only problem I have now is my MAC won't allow me to connect to the login.com page. Yesterday it allowed me a couple of times to do so. And now it won't connect at all. Have to use my iPhone. Tech support girl had no solution. All she could offer is that she's seen it happen on PCs.

Update:

Just got logged on using my MAC. What I did was turn off WIFI and reboot the computer. Turned WIFI back on and was able to get to LOGIN.COM page to sign back into the network. Using MAC to add this update. I think it's time to visit Apple Tech Support.

Happy camper again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by shrimpboat123

The last couple of days the speed seems to be slower. I did a speed test from a site today and only got 270kbps up and 340 kbps down. The speeds seemed faster than that at the beginning of the cruise. Email works fine as far as I can tell.

I've also discovered that the system knocks you off from time to time without you knowing. Many times I've had to log back in. A bit of an inconvenience.

One more thing. You can receive the WIFI signal on Half Moon Cay.

There is also a Cell Tower on HMC now and you can get a Bahamian Tel Cellular (BTC) connection.

Just did another speed test a few minutes ago.

Currently getting 790 kbps Down and 580kbps Up. Quite a bit better. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to know this as well. If the Eurodam does not have unlimited internet does anyone know when it will get it?

I got off the Eurodam a week ago and had to pay $250 for 1,000 minutes (the max available.) This was a major disappointment after paying $129 a year ago on the Zuiderdam for unlimited on a 12 day cruise.

Also, at least on the Eurodam, if there was no activity for 60 minutes, it logged you out in case you fell asleep or forgot to logout.

Speed and connectivity was not bad on either ship.

I'm considering a Zuiderdam cruise in September and hoping they'll again have the unlimited package.

Can you tell me what off peak times typically were? Thanks!

I tried to pick times when I thought more people were off doing excursions, eating or at other events. Quite often I got good speeds after 9PM.

I also re-sized my photos to 640X480 from their original size before uploading to Facebook. I also only uploaded 4-5 photos at a time. Any more than that and there was no guarantee the upload would complete in a timely manner.

• 2 months later...

We are on a 7 day Caribbean cruise on the NA in December, 2016, and our promotion included 200 minutes of free internet - actually shown as 2 100 minutes (I guess 1 for each passenger - does anyone know if we will get any sort of credit towards the cost of the unlimited package like we do on Princess? Thanks.

We are on a 7 day Caribbean cruise on the NA in December, 2016, and our promotion included 200 minutes of free internet - actually shown as 2 100 minutes (I guess 1 for each passenger - does anyone know if we will get any sort of credit towards the cost of the unlimited package like we do on Princess? Thanks.

Not 100% certain, but I think you'll get the equivalent OBC for each 100 minute internet package, $49.50 each or total of $99 which was the cost of 200 minutes.

Then you can purchase whatever plan you want.