Drinks Package

Babs02

Can anyone tell me how the drinks packages work? do you have a card that is stamped on use, as you're restricted to limited amount of drinks. Are the soft drinks limited to coke/lemonade or does it include fruit juices &/or non alcohol cocktails?

Do they also do a Alcohol package?

We usually cruise Princess where drinks are not limited just daily rate.

We are trying to decide whether to cruise P & O or Thomson so are trying to compare costs etc

Can anyone tell me how the drinks packages work? do you have a card that is stamped on use, as you're restricted to limited amount of drinks. Are the soft drinks limited to coke/lemonade or does it include fruit juices &/or non alcohol cocktails?

Do they also do a Alcohol package?

We usually cruise Princess where drinks are not limited just daily rate.

We are trying to decide whether to cruise P & O or Thomson so are trying to compare costs etc

P and O do not do an alcohol package.

They do a wine package, where the price per bottle is reduced slightly.

They do a costa card...

not sure about a soft drinks card.

Thomson do an all inclusive drinks package but have been on both the experience is totally different.

There is a stricter dress code on P and O, on a 14 night cruise you would have 4 formal nights.

If you are used to Princess a Thomson experience would be "different".

If you are basing your choice on price have to say whenever I priced up a Thomson cruise in a decent cabin with a P and O one , P and O were not much more expensive.

You are given a book of vouchers. Your wine waiter will know which wine package you have chosen. You just tell him which bottle of wine you want, give him one of the vouchers and he provides the wine. The vouchers do not have the names of the wines on them, they are just a voucher which I think you sign and then give to the waiter. That is how it was done on our last trip on Azura.

Thanks for the replies. Thought this was how it works, like princess coffee card.

Can the wine vouchers be used anywhere on the ship or just the dining room?

Presume this is for lemonade and cokes only?

P and O do not do an alcohol package.

They do a wine package, where the price per bottle is reduced slightly.

They do a costa card...

not sure about a soft drinks card.

Thomson do an all inclusive drinks package but have been on both the experience is totally different.

There is a stricter dress code on P and O, on a 14 night cruise you would have 4 formal nights.

If you are used to Princess a Thomson experience would be "different".

If you are basing your choice on price have to say whenever I priced up a Thomson cruise in a decent cabin with a P and O one , P and O were not much more expensive.

I realise that Thomson cruises are different and more relaxed. Prices between the two are very similar. Just working out prices of extras for comparison.

Thanks for advice

Could I just ask, do the soft drink cards have names on or could you share them? I'm not sure we would drink 20 each? Thanks

The cards are per cruise not per day. You would need to drink less than 3 drinks a day on a 7 day cruise or 2 on a 14 day cruise to benefit.