RCL Visa OBC Redemption

faze41

Ok, so I redeemed some points for OBC on an upcoming RCL cruise and received my e-mail confirmation. The BOA redemption page then said to "give it" to my TA or RCL. I'm not quite sure what that means. Do I need to call them?

Sorry, it's my first time redeeming points. Thanks for any clarity you can provide.

Faze41

Ok, so I redeemed some points for OBC on an upcoming RCL cruise and received my e-mail confirmation. The BOA redemption page then said to "give it" to my TA or RCL. I'm not quite sure what that means. Do I need to call them?

Sorry, it's my first time redeeming points. Thanks for any clarity you can provide.

Faze41

No need to give anything to your TA if you redeemed points for OBC.

However, a few weeks before your cruise, ask your TA to send you Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. That should should the Visa pooints OBC.

Your visa points towards on board credits usually show up in your on board account on day 2 of the sailing. Make sure you have a copy of the email confirmation showing proof of points tranferred. I had an issue on the Allure when the points didn't show up, and I forgot to print the email. I did have a copy of the actual transaction on the Bank of America website and was resolved a day later when they called Miami.

Travel agent or Royal shouldn't have to be involved unless the credits don't show by day 2.

Tom

Edited by tsconley19