Dining Plan Questions

kprice1218

Hello, my husband & I are new to NCL and will be sailing on the Gem 3/12/16. We do not have the UBP or UDP, instead we are going to purchase the 5-meal package. How does this work in the restaurants that are "ala carte"? Also, does NCL allow you to bring bottled water and/or wine on board? (Some of the other cruise lines allowed us to do so but limited the amount we could bring). Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated.

The restaurants which are just changing to a la carte (Cagneys, Le Bistro, La Cucuna) will continue to be included as now (only restriction is just one entree).

You can bring as much water on as you want. Wine as well, subject to a $15 a bottle corkage fee.

I wish CC would sticky one of these questions about the dining plan. It is being asked multiple times every day. :)

You carry wine with you as you board. You will be directed to desk once you clear security. They will tag wine and return it to you. The charge will show up on your bill as MDR charge.

As to water, unless you are a fanatic about it, do not bother. Water on ship is fine. Carry a personal water bottle and fill it on ship as needed.