Silversea All-Inclusive Packages

SSCruzinBabe

Is anyone else confused by Silversea's new All-Inclusive fares? :confused:

I find Silversea to be very misleading with this All-Inclusive fare. My travel agent called to book our voyage on September 6 on the Cloud from Lisbon to Monte Carlo, which is listed under Silversea's All-Inclusive packages. From my understanding this including two free nights in a hotel pre-cruise along with airfare and the option to upgrade to Business Class air for $999 each way in the Mediterranean. However, my travel agent was told this was not in fact an All-Inclusive voyage and that the two nights in the hotel and economy class air would cost us an additional $2000 + $2798 to upgrade to business class air.

I was shocked to hear this from my travel agent and called Silversea myself as was told I need to read the tiny disclaimer at the bottom on the Silversea website. So in fact, no cruises are All-Inclusive, but instead you must pay a significant up-charge. Due to my conversation with Silversea last week, the website has now been updated to be a little more clear that the All-Inclusive package is an up-charge.

I'm debating whether I should go on this cruise now as I feel Silversea is being very deceptive.

I must confess I did have to read it twice. The print is not so tiny, it is just that they are using sub-headings. The first is: "...all inclusive fares include:" with a box that says excursions and wi-fi. The second sub-heading says "because choice is the greatest luxury, you may also upgrade your by adding included" and then it shows the boxes with airfare and a two night stay. It has been like that for over a month. I think every cruise line uses some gimmick as a hook to get people to look closer...whether it is Regent, Oceania "2 for 1" etc. They all also raise the prices to discount them.

Nothing new here, it's the travel industry. You have to read the fine and not-so-fine print before getting excited. There's no such thing as a free lunch...Or free laundry.

;)