Water Taxi Value

Keith1010

I have been meaning to post this but now am doing this.

To me the water taxi in Fort Lauderdale seemed rather expensive. Now maybe because the weather was not the greatest when we were there but would welcome opinions as to what you think.

Keith

Is it still $26 for a day pass? If so I will use it in April when staying at GalleryOne. The plan is to ride it for a while , seeing yachts, homes etc and get off at Los Olas for dinner. May have to taxi it back if we are late.

I think it's not bad for one day if you use it like a tour as well as transportation especially if it's your first time.

How much is the 3 day pass now?

Yes at $26 per person it seems expensive, but it made for an enjoyable day. We were there last November. We walked from our hotel to the Cortez Street Stop (just north of Las Olas). Headed south bound and saw all the preparations for the boat show plus several huge yachts lining up for the show. At 17th street we transferred and continued southbound past Port Everglades and down to Hollywood Beach. Spent a couple of hours there and headed back north. Got off at the Galleria Stop (Sunrise Blvd) and took the Trolley back to our hotel.

If you are using the water taxi for a combination of sightseeing and transportation then I think it is a good deal since it lasts all day. A 1 1/2 hour sightseeing tour (which my out of town guests thoroughly enjoyed) on the Carrie B this week was $22 per person (discounted on the web site). The Jungle Queen cruise is slightly more expensive. Given that you can see all the same scenery and more on the narrated water taxi plus get from point A to point B and back again (multiple times in a day if you want to) that $26 ticket doesn't seem too stiff.

Maybe our issue was that the weather was not so good when we were there with rain each day and a lot more in the forecast. So maybe next time we'll give it another shot.

Keith

It's always pretty miserable on the water when it is raining.

I always tell people to make sure they take the water taxi after dark. Those big houses don't have curtains or window coverings and not only can you see inside the homes but you can see how magnificently they are lit up outside also.

The fronts of those homes face the water not the street.