Port Canaveral public transportation to Cocoa Beach?

NikkiOh

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if there is public bus transportation from Royal Caribbean's pier in Port Canaveral to Cocoa Beach? Could you walk from the pier to a bus stop - there's a stop at King George Blvd & Flounder St, but I don't know if it's walkable from the pier where the ship is in port.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Nancy

I would like to know as well

I found the bus link but have no idea where to get the bus for the #9 route

http://www.ridescat.com/

Is there a shuttle to the port entrance or some other transport ...can you walk to the street

I am thinking we may be at CT3

Have no idea where we are docking yet it is a port stop in April & the schedule is not out for then

Edited by LHT28

at the page your were on you can print a map for rt 9 with details of the times and stops

http://www.ridescat.com/maps-schedules/english/pdfs/SCAT2015_ROUTE09.pdf

the port stops are # 3 & 4

and if you look at the area on Google Earth you will actually see FOUR bus stops mentioned along George King blvd (T-1 is under construction in the current GE image but is at Flounder St and the water ... putting stop 4 right in front of the terminal)

note the bus runs on a 30 minute schedule ...

you can walk to George King if at the south terminals 1 or 3/4 but IME if at the north terminals security will not let you cross the drawbridge to get to the south side.

Edited by Capt_BJ

and if you look at the area on Google Earth you will actually see FOUR bus stops mentioned along George King blvd (T-1 is under construction in the current GE image but is at Flounder St and the water ... putting stop 4 right in front of the terminal)

Just to clarify

so if we dock at T3 then the bus stop is walkable from the ship ?

Thanks

Capt. BJ, Thank you so much for your information. Do you know which terminal Royal Caribbean usually docks for the day? Our ship, the Anthem, docks there on Feb. 8.

Am I correct in thinking that if it's at the South terminal, we can walk to the bus stop, but not from the North terminal?

Nancy

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if there is public bus transportation from Royal Caribbean's pier in Port Canaveral to Cocoa Beach? Could you walk from the pier to a bus stop - there's a stop at King George Blvd & Flounder St, but I don't know if it's walkable from the pier where the ship is in port.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Nancy

Here is a clearer map of the SCAT stops across from the terminal B1 complex. If your ship docks at Terminal A then it is not walkable as the map shows.

Terminal B-1: Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas, Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas, Norwegian Spirit, visiting cruise ships

Terminal B-3: Home to many visiting cruise ships, but some also dock at Terminal A

23d132e4a9d031acf860db5a41a3acee?AccessKeyId=48967324A3B30B96693E&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

To see the actual SCAT route (marked in red) to Cocoa Beach, a more complete map is here:

http://www.portcanaveral-parking-hotel-transport.com/area-map.html

Edited by SteerageJoe

Capt. BJ, Thank you so much for your information. Do you know which terminal Royal Caribbean usually docks for the day? Our ship, the Anthem, docks there on Feb. 8.

Am I correct in thinking that if it's at the South terminal, we can walk to the bus stop, but not from the North terminal?

Nancy

the port labels CT 3 as "visiting ships" and that is where visiting ships like GRANDEUR usually end up ...

BUT I HAVE seen a visiting RCCL ship end up at CT-1 if it was not a day the terminal was otherwise in use. IN USE being Mon Fri and Sunday (at least)

I have NOT noticed an RCCL ship at the north side in quite some time . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

the port labels CT 3 as "visiting ships" and that is where visiting ships like GRANDEUR usually end up ...

BUT I HAVE seen a visiting RCCL ship end up at CT-1 if it was not a day the terminal was otherwise in use. IN USE being Mon Fri and Sunday (at least)

I have NOT noticed an RCCL ship at the north side in quite some time . . .

RCCL Anthem of the Seas docked at CT6 in mid-December and will again in early February. Most of the time she is at CT1.

Nancy

According to the port schedule they will dock at CT 6 of course things can always change

see schedule link at the bottom of this page

http://www.portcanaveral.com/Cruise/Cruise-Lines-Schedules

That is correct IME. I have seen security stop folks from walking across the bridge that you must cross to get from the north side to the south

and just to TRY and close the dots and cross the i's .... the walk from T-6 to the nearest bus stop would be around 2 miles and the bus runs only every 30 minutes . . . if the port would let you walk . . . and this assumes they have not put up any new fences that block the route I'm using to measure via Google Earth.

Edited by Capt_BJ