Dream and the kids

cruisenewbie1

We are sailing on the Dream, 10/9/16 and are bringing our kids, then ages 6 and 7 with us during their fall break. I know they are going to love the kids club activities but believe it or not, I might actually want to spend some time with them in the pools or the slide. What other activities are available for families during the day?

Thank you

We are sailing on the Dream, 10/9/16 and are bringing our kids, then ages 6 and 7 with us during their fall break. I know they are going to love the kids club activities but believe it or not, I might actually want to spend some time with them in the pools or the slide. What other activities are available for families during the day?

Thank you

My 4 year old son loves the 18 hole mini-golf. We play like 50 times... He loves mini golf and the Dream has one of the best at Sea.. He also loves the water slides and the water park area. If you have a balcony bring a bubble blower that takes batteries. It's fun to have out on the balcony.. I also bring all sorts of fun stuff to do in the room.. Games, punching balloons etc. We have a blast!

Off the ship in New Orleans you can take the Canal St Streetcar to City Park and guess what? More mini golf!! It is super nice and a lot of fun. I also recommend Cafe Du Monde for a visit and Huck Finn Cafe is fun with kids.

Thank you

My family will be on the same fall break cruise with you! Our girls will be 10 and 12 at the time. We've done fall break on the Dream before and it was great.

There's not a ton of "family" activities during the day that I remember. On one of the sea days, they will do a family scavenger hunt, which is a blast. I wouldn't recommend being too competitive about it though. Some families are, and that seems to take away the fun for everyone. Other than that... there is a kids dance show at the end of the cruise. They kids will learn a dance throughout the course of the week and get to perform on the big stage for their families at the end. That's fun too.

Outside of those two things, I don't remember much else going on during the day though - aside from the slides and pool and mini golf.

We will be on the same sailing (Oct 9) with 4 other families, 8 kids, age range from 11-17. We've sailed the Dream before. My kids didn't like the kids club, so they prefer to hang out with us. They liked the mini-golf, the hot tubs, the candy shop, and the arcade. If they still do the towel animals class, that's fun. We did some of the trivia-Harry Potter and such. Tea time was fun-if they're still doing that on the ship. Night time stuff we enjoyed: the Dive-in movies, karaoke, and the family friendly comedy show.

My kids love the Dream and have never gone to Camp Carnival. We use the slides and pool mostly, but there is a build-a-bear workshop, the candy store, towel folding class, Dr. Seuss parade and story time and breakfast, karaoke sessions that include kids, arcade, tea time, seaside theater (there are always great kid movies on at least a couple nights, like we have watched Frozen, Home, Spongebob Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy...that I can name off the top of my head). We never run out of things to do!