Illusionarium 1st Night and UDP

lexluthor

We are a group of 13 (not linked reservations) on the 4/24 Getaway sailing all with free UDP promo that was purchased when Illusionarium was free the first night for UDP guests.

NCL is apparently not honoring that after some date that they set.

I thought I read that some people complained to a supervisor and were able to get the illusionarium free the first night still.

What's the likelihood of that still working? Any specific # or department that I should call?

We had the UDP promo and could have fought for the free Illusionarium but opted not to. At the end of the day we gladly paid the discounted amount and moved on. No desire to battle over such a small sum of money. I realize for some it is a matter of principle but it just didn't matter to us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I believe you read my post regarding the illuminarium. I called customer service to book. I told them when i booked the cruise the show was free on the first night. Rep told me no they werent doing that anymore and i asked to speak to a supervisor, the rep told me the supervisor would tell me the same thing but she put me on hold to get a supervisor. A few minutes later the same rep came back on and said great news i got an ok for you! She booked it and told me i would get charged for the gratuities once on board but that never happened. Great show great dinner. I say be polite but firm. Good luck!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

A word of caution, I had a terrible experience with this a couple of months ago on the Epic. I called ahead and got a supervisor to OK the free show, like everyone has been saying. But on board they charged us anyway, full price, and it was a long and very unpleasant process to get them to remove the charges. I hope that doesn't happen to you, but be prepared just in case.

A word of caution, I had a terrible experience with this a couple of months ago on the Epic. I called ahead and got a supervisor to OK the free show, like everyone has been saying. But on board they charged us anyway, full price, and it was a long and very unpleasant process to get them to remove the charges. I hope that doesn't happen to you, but be prepared just in case.

This concerns me!

Our TA secured the Illusionarium free first night for us via her NCL rep. I hoe we have no concerns once onboard...

This concerns me!

Our TA secured the Illusionarium free first night for us via her NCL rep. I hoe we have no concerns once onboard...

Good thought though. Maybe try TA first and let them try to figure it out. All reservations are through same TA.

If you have the UDP how much does this dinner cost? I understand it's not included anymore. That's fine, it still looks like it is worth attending, and it looks like a great evening of entertainment. Do you get a discounted price for having the UDP or do you pay the same price as someone without the UDP?

Do you get a discounted price for having the UDP or do you pay the same price as someone without the UDP?
The official rule is 25% off entertainment dining with the UDP. However, you may get lucky and get the SDP pricing instead, which is a better deal ($10 regular seats/$15 premium seats/$35 VIP seating, + 18% service charge).

We had the UDP promo and could have fought for the free Illusionarium but opted not to. At the end of the day we gladly paid the discounted amount and moved on. No desire to battle over such a small sum of money. I realize for some it is a matter of principle but it just didn't matter to us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi guys, feeling my way around here as we are headed for our first Norwegian Gem cruise sailing 12th March from New York (only booked five days ago and just received confirmation from the TA.)

We have lots of questions, but for now can you explain what the Illusionarium actually is? We have the UDP and are seriously considering upgrading the dining package. Will raise queries on those independently but for now would appreciate someone enlightening us on the Illusionarium.

Many thanks

Hi guys, feeling my way around here as we are headed for our first Norwegian Gem cruise sailing 12th March from New York (only booked five days ago and just received confirmation from the TA.)

We have lots of questions, but for now can you explain what the Illusionarium actually is? We have the UDP and are seriously considering upgrading the dining package. Will raise queries on those independently but for now would appreciate someone enlightening us on the Illusionarium.

Many thanks

It's a magic show featuring several different magicians and illusionists. I'm not really into magic and thought I'd hate it (only went because of my child), but I ended up loving it.

We have the UDP and are seriously considering upgrading the dining package.
Do you mean that you have the UBP (the adult beverage package)? Because if you already have the UDP, there's nothing to upgrade to. You already have the best ("ultimate" :p) dining package. But even with that, some venues are not fully included and require an additional charge.

Thanks for the comments.

Definitely want to see the Illusionarium and it never occured to me to eat beforehand so thanks for the tip. What time do the shows start please?

And, sorry, it is the UBP we have. We are considering buying five meals in the speciality restaurants, and whilst I want to read up a little more about the dining experiences (except Cagneys which is top of the list for us) I want to do this sooner rather than later, as I believe they can get sold out. Any recommendations gratefully received.

Same with the excursions really - must say the NCL ones appear to be expensive.

We booked on 4/13/15 with UDP.

I just called NCL and I was told that the first night free for the Illusionarium was already not offered with UDP by the date.

I don't think that's the case. Does anyone know for sure? Any documentation to prove it still was available at the time of our booking?

Hi all

Still trying to find my way round this forum - to the last poster sorry I've lost the thread as the posting box just pops up, but I can't help - hope someone comes along for you - I'll be interested in the responses..

For now, I have paid for 5 of the speciality dining package but can't see how to actually book. :confused:

Also saw a review where a traveller on the Norwegian Gem was annoyed because people had been pre-booking the complimentary restaurants so that the reservists were strolling in and they had a long wait for a table so need to look into that as well.

Thanks for the continuing responses - so glad this is an active Forum.

I just called NCL and I was told that the first night free for the Illusionarium was already not offered with UDP by the date.

I don't think that's the case. Does anyone know for sure? Any documentation to prove it still was available at the time of our booking?

Ah - found out how to quote and respond that way.

Lex Hope someone can help but I would be wary - have a read of the T & C's big companies like this usually have a 'let out' clause covering them.

They are correct. You can find a snapshot of the promotional terms dated April 10, 2015, here. This is what they were offering as part of the UDP:
Ultimate dining package: Applicable to all guests in the stateroom ages 3 years of age or older. Ultimate dining at specialty restaurants. Ultimate dining option includes 18% gratuity on the package. Dining Package excludes Chef’s Table, Ocean Blue, Carlo’s Bakery items, Ice Cream Bar, and Gelato. A la carte priced restaurants are excluded (i.e. Sushi, Raw Bar, Noodle Bar and Ocean Blue Waterfront). Entertainment based dining is excluded (Cirque shows, Second City Lunches, Nick Breakfasts, Wine Lovers, Illusionarium). The A la carte venues and Ocean Blue are not included in the UDP, but will be discounted 25% for those who choose the package. Entertainment based and Chef’s Table dining will not be discounted. Additional main courses in Cagney's, Le Bistro, and Jefferson's Bistro will be charged at $10.00 per person. Does not include embarkation day preformances.
Sorry about that! :o

They are correct. You can find a snapshot of the promotional terms dated April 10, 2015, here. This is what they were offering as part of the UDP:

Sorry about that! :o

Interesting. Thanks for digging that up. When did they announce illusionarium isn't free the first night anymore with UDP?

We are a group of 13 (not linked reservations) on the 4/24 Getaway sailing all with free UDP promo that was purchased when Illusionarium was free the first night for UDP guests.

NCL is apparently not honoring that after some date that they set.

I thought I read that some people complained to a supervisor and were able to get the illusionarium free the first night still.

What's the likelihood of that still working? Any specific # or department that I should call?

We did this on two cruises. We called the reservations number. Asked for a supervisor. Supervisor booked the show and immediately credited us back the cost of the show. And got a emailed a receipt showing this.

Took a bit of effort. But no fight.

When did they announce illusionarium isn't free the first night anymore with UDP?
Looks like it was right before you booked, unfortunately. The terms that were in effect from March 1 until April 6, 2015, specifically included the embarkation day performance. (You can see those terms quoted here.)

If you still want to see the show, try to get the SDP pricing ($17.70 for premium seats) instead of the UDP discount (25%). That may be the price that shows up for your automatically in your MyNCL. But for a group of 13, I would probably call and talk to a real person. And don't book it the first night, that might make you feel better about not getting the free show (since it wouldn't have been free any other night). :)

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Looks like it was right before you booked, unfortunately. The terms that were in effect from March 1 until April 6, 2015, specifically included the embarkation day performance. (You can see those terms quoted here.)

If you still want to see the show, try to get the SDP pricing ($17.70 for premium seats) instead of the UDP discount (25%). That may be the price that shows up for your automatically in your MyNCL. But for a group of 13, I would probably call and talk to a real person. And don't book it the first night, that might make you feel better about not getting the free show (since it wouldn't have been free any other night). :)

Too bad. OK, so next question.

Can we get the discount for illusionarium and still eat dinner at another specialty place free the same night?

They quoted me $70.80 for 4 people for premium seating. À