Boatyard, Harbot lights or somewhere else?

JohninDC

We enjoyed the Boatyard - quick $5 cab ride and we arrived early and set up in chairs on the front row; water was beautiful. Enjoyed our two free drinks - I preferred the shark bite over whatever my wife chose, and the water toys. The bucket of beer special was a good deal spread out over the day. A few vendors came by but moved on after a simple "no thanks." Music was not loud and mostly reggae, Jimmy Buffet, or country (:confused:). When we were ready to leave we listened for the announcement, cleaned up and enjoyed the free short van-taxi ride back to the port (I tipped the driver).

I walked past Harbor Lights and it looked similar, just without the water toys, etc.

Ignored the warnings (I suspect it is a liability issue) and paid $20 to go out and snorkel over the ship wreck and then with the turtles - fabulous! And the free cup of rum punch was more rum than punch. :D

Is it $20 extra for the boat trip to snorkel? I understood the $20 admission was for chairs, drink, boat and ride back?

Is it $20 extra for the boat trip to snorkel? I understood the $20 admission was for chairs, drink, boat and ride back?

Way back a year ago when we went the Boatyard was not including the ride out to swim with the turtles in the package (which was only $15 at the time). $20 for chair, drink, turtles and taxi back is a great deal - I just need to be able to afford more cruises so that I can take advantage. :o

StinkerPR,

Asked elaboration on snorkeling.

At Harbor Lights, it was part of the Turtle Swim boat ride.

Twice during the approximate one hour excursion, you had 10-15 minute opportunities to snorkel ( there was a shipwreck in addition to the turtle/fish snorkel)

Hope this was helpful,

richfromhaw

Sorry to hijack a thread but... Stinger, what happened to the rest of your review? Was so enjoying what you had already posted. :(

Sorry to have kept you waiting so long but I have finished it recently.

StinkerPR,

Asked elaboration on snorkeling.

At Harbor Lights, it was part of the Turtle Swim boat ride.

Twice during the approximate one hour excursion, you had 10-15 minute opportunities to snorkel ( there was a shipwreck in addition to the turtle/fish snorkel)

Hope this was helpful,

richfromhaw

This sounds a bit better than the tour they offer at The Boatyard. I was planing on returning there and paying $20 extra per person for the boat ride to snorkel with another vendor outside The Boatyard on my next trip. So if Harbour Lights offer a similar package (plus the shipwreck, minus one drink and the ride back) then I got some math to do before my next trip to see which really suits us better. Thank you!!

If you walk out of the cruise port, there are no shortage of taxi drivers that will take you without a full load. When we were there a couple of years ago,w e actually had a cab driver get out of his cab and follow is about 1/4 mile trying to talk us into letting him take us the Boatyard. We wanted to walk, so we kept saying no, and although it was annoying, we never felt unsafe. I took a then 4 year old to the Boatyard and he had a blast. There is a water trampoline and the $20 entrance fee covers a drink, chairs( while supplies last), free WIFI and a 10 minute "swim with turtles" excursion AND a taxi ride back to the ship (leaves every 15 minutes no matter how many people are in the taxi AND is air conditioned).

Edited by csj092809