Question on Taking Pictures when on iFly

cidymom

Stupid question but I'm hoping someone who has done the iFly can shed some light. I scheduled my family for iFly at the same time. I definitely want pictures of us "skydiving" but will RCI let you bring a camera into that area and let a family member who is in line take pictures while its my turn? From pictures it looks like you have to suit up in a jumper so I don't know if they allow you to bring personal belongings. Or should I schedule my husband on another day so we can take pictures of each other on our turns. Any comments appreciated. Thanks.

No. If your are in line you all enter the seating area together and cannot carry or wear loose items. If you want a photo book separate sessions and have someone in a different session take them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

As stated by woodyren, no. Everything goes in a locker that you bring in. In the picture below you can see the observation area where someone who is not in your group can take pictures of you. Also note lower right corner, they have a photographer taking pictures of you for purchase if you like.

iFly.jpg

On the same topic - any thoughts on how to get someone to take a photo or video of me if I'm sailing solo and don't care to purchase one from RCI? I was hoping to hand my camera to someone else in the same flight group but it appears I can't do so! :(

See if someone on your Roll Call will meet you and take photos of you.

You have a brief moment after climbing the steps from the changing room and before entering the chamber that you could hand off a camera to someone.

Edited by beachnative

Problem is they're not taking online reservations for my sailing so I can't even pre-arrange it! :( I'll try to book it on boarding day and try to find someone at the meet n mingle that can meet me at that time! I'm happy to return the favor as well!

Much easier to figure that stuff out on the flow rider when there is typically an audience! Lol!