Uber at fort lauderdale and miami

Keith1010

My very recent Uber experience(s):

1/29/2016 stepped outside the baggage carousel for Delta at MIA, I believe it was baggage claim "D". Hit send on the Uber app and received a call back almost immediately. Attila found me with in about 5 minutes and picked us up in a brand new Infiniti Q50 sedan. Took us to the Holiday Inn at the POM and everything went swimmingly. Gave him a 5 star rating. I'm not sure how much it would have cost as it was free to me through a promo from Capital One credit card.

I was so impressed that the next morning I tried Uber again, even though it was a very short cab ride, $15, to the POM.

Disaster ensued. Stepped outside the Holiday Inn and hit the send button and immediately got a call back from a guy named Guellermo. The app showed him to be on 8th street, about 4 blocks away as we were on 4th street. Guellermo could NOT speak enough English to tell me anything other than, "I'm sorry, sir!" He was on another phone call or some other conversation the whole time he was on the phone to me and according to the app, his car never moved! After 7 minutes and 58 seconds of doing everything possible NOT to slam my phone into the ground, I announced to him as he couldn't even tell me the color of his car, I was not waiting for him anymore and cancelled via the app. We took the first cab in line and he said it would be $15, I knew it was cheaper but figured I was done dealing with transportation issues and told him OK but that would include his tip.

When I got to the POM and sat down waiting to board, I looked at my Uber app and they said they were charging me a $5 cancellation fee. I went to their website and tried to challenge it but they only give you canned FAQ problems to choose from, I chose driver couldn't find me and they immediately sent me a notice that the $5 fee would be charged to my CC on file but that I would have a $5 credit for future use.

No way no how!! As soon as I got home from our cruise I contested the $5 charge with Capital One and received an email stating that the charge would be removed.

That was my "Bi-Polar" Uber experience. The first one could not have gone smoother or more pleasant, the second was just the opposite.

When you ordered the car, a picture of the car should have been on there along with the plate number and his name.

Glad Capital one gave you your money back.