Island Help Please?

azgrandmax3

Soon is our first travels on the Island, will someone please answer the following? In which dining room will the boarding day lunch be served. Is it still till 1 o'clock only? Will I be able to make reservations for the Bayou Café in person soon after we board? (Past experiences have not been positive when trying to do so per phone calls.) This is to be the Panama Canal FL-LA, many sea days, does anyone know which will be formal nights? Is forward Aloa in open area would be great viewing head on so to speak? What is your experience? Thanks for all your advise and opinions.

Soon is our first travels on the Island, will someone please answer the following? In which dining room will the boarding day lunch be served. Is it still till 1 o'clock only? Will I be able to make reservations for the Bayou Café in person soon after we board? (Past experiences have not been positive when trying to do so per phone calls.) This is to be the Panama Canal FL-LA, many sea days, does anyone know which will be formal nights? Is forward Aloa in open area would be great viewing head on so to speak? What is your experience? Thanks for all your advise and opinions.

Embarkation lunch was served in Provence DR deck 6 from Noon-1:30pm.

Yes on the Bayou, just go to the restaurant see the staff at the [podium there or call from your cabin phone. I would go in person.

Yes all the usual forward viewing areas are open. Emerald deck is the only aft one left now thats open.

Its good to move all around the ship to get different perspective's. ;)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We found the best viewing to be Deck 7 where you literally get the "ground" feel and Deck 14 just aft of the Lotus Pool

To ADD to this information. Find out what time the Island will be entering the locks. Be outside early so you can watch the ship enter. I have a photo of the row boat carrying the line over to the Mules that will tow the ship. It looks like the row boat is towing the ship.

Be on deck 7 when the ship goes through a lock. You can almost touch the side of the lock it is so close.

And, move around the ship. If you stay in one place you will miss seeing different things.

Bob

let me try this again with the link:

And here is the link for the patters:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vwz2819tgfkke6n/AABNL25MgnCfr83nnNefR101a?dl=0

Thanks so much for the Patters. I was able to get much info from them.

We have the over night in Panama City so I suspect the last two formal nights may be different.

:)We'll be on the Island for her Nov 1 FLL to San Pedro cruise. I'm really enjoying the patters from your trip:). Have read thru day 5 - Panama Canal. Looking forward to reading the rest of them during the next few days.

We were on the Island for the PC Westbound in December.

* Provence Dining Room served lunch on Embarkation Day. It was serving lunch at various times. We were seated at a table for 6. I'd probably skip this on future cruises since the meal was a bit heavy.

* We easily made reservations on the phone for Bayou and Sabatini's on Embarkation Day. Both restaurants had plenty of open tables so I'm pretty sure we could have just walked in and been seated. BTW, the Maitre D', Jacques, on this ship is the best in the Princess fleet.

* Three formal nights on our westbound. Days 3, 10 and 14.

* We were on Baja deck in a forward cabin, so we used the forward observation area on Baja during the canal transit, as well as our balcony. Great narration throughout the ship.

The entire cruise was a great experience. Enjoy!