Recommendations for new luggage

mohawk1129

first off , for whatever reason luggage is insanely overpriced no matter what price point you look at. personal i have gone full spectrum on sizes, configurations, materials and cost. my experience is first shop within your budget. i've bought cheap and it gets messed up fairly quick and i've gone more expensive and better quality and guess what it still gets messed up. the only difference is how quickly it happens. last trip i bought my wife new lightweight higher middle end luggage ($300 on sale for 3 pieces)so she could stay under the 50 lbs more easily. first time we used it ,it was damaged like it got caught in a knife fight and on the return trip it didn't learn its lesson and got its ass kicked again. meanwhile my lower end ($60) wheeled duffle bag faired like a champ. so its really up in the air on what you are comfortable with spending and how heart broken you will be when it needs to be replaced. if there was an affordable bullet proof piece of luggage it could topple the billion dollar luggage sales industry

first off , for whatever reason luggage is insanely overpriced no matter what price point you look at. personal i have gone full spectrum on sizes, configurations, materials and cost. my experience is first shop within your budget. i've bought cheap and it gets messed up fairly quick and i've gone more expensive and better quality and guess what it still gets messed up. the only difference is how quickly it happens. last trip i bought my wife new lightweight higher middle end luggage ($300 on sale for 3 pieces)so she could stay under the 50 lbs more easily. first time we used it ,it was damaged like it got caught in a knife fight and on the return trip it didn't learn its lesson and got its ass kicked again. meanwhile my lower end ($60) wheeled duffle bag faired like a champ. so its really up in the air on what you are comfortable with spending and how heart broken you will be when it needs to be replaced. if there was an affordable bullet proof piece of luggage it could topple the billion dollar luggage sales industry

Thank you for the laugh this morning! Good thing I wasn't drinking my coffee while reading this. :D

I am in the process of looking for new luggage also. My focus is on lightweight pieces that have a balanced pull to reduce arm strain. The last time we were in the airport I made a point to look at flight crew luggage. I noticed that the majority of the flight attendants had the Travelpro brand which has the Eiffel Tower as their logo. There is a lightweight option in the brand that is mid-level priced and at the top of my list so far.

Good luck in your search and please share if you come across any other good options.

T-90 Days Vista Inaugural cruise :)

We have picked up a three piece set of hard side "Rockland" luggage for just about $200. We by the loudest pattern you can find and I can't tell you how easy it is to pick our luggage out when we debark the ship. Try Amazon....

I haven't had a problem with them and they are four wheels. Hope this helps a bit and enjoy your cruise.

I have always used 'IT worlds lightest' brand so I can pack more stuff in.

They do a size that is just under the size restrictions for planes and they are pretty sturdy with a good price tag...the biggest size is about £60 I think.

Just make sure you dont cram them full as it can affect the wheels.

I do not think they do 4 wheelers if thats what you are after.

Time for new luggage prior to our Nov 2016 Vista cruise. Want something lightweight (now that we're only allowed 50 lbs) Have done some research and can say I'm confused. Asking for real life reviews and recommendations

I bought my nephew his first real luggage of his very own specifically for our May cruise on the Vista. I got a Delsey brand "light 360 spinner" has a 10 year warranty. The luggage itself has the weight listed. He loves it and has flown 2 x cross country so far- Vancouver to NC then NC to Vancouver and back, looks like new. If you are flying "international" for one the Med. Cruises - you get 70 lbs per suitcase. I got it at a smoking hot sale price - Originally $360 Canadian - paid $85 Canadian

I have always used 'IT worlds lightest' brand so I can pack more stuff in.

They do a size that is just under the size restrictions for planes and they are pretty sturdy with a good price tag...the biggest size is about £60 I think.

Just make sure you dont cram them full as it can affect the wheels.

I do not think they do 4 wheelers if thats what you are after.

Two years ago before our British Isle cruise I picked up 2 large and 2 carry on size IT luggage from T J Maxx for a very good price. I needed something very light weight because of the much lighter weight restrictions in Europe and because we are old.:D All of this luggage is 4 wheels and held up great for that British Isle Cruise and our Norway cruise in 2015.I'll be using it again in 2016 for our Med cruise with out family.T.J. Maxx and Marshalls are great places to get luggage for a very discounted price. IT makes some pieces that are very bright colors and easy to spot.

I bought my nephew his first real luggage of his very own specifically for our May cruise on the Vista. I got a Delsey brand "light 360 spinner" has a 10 year warranty. The luggage itself has the weight listed. He loves it and has flown 2 x cross country so far- Vancouver to NC then NC to Vancouver and back, looks like new. If you are flying "international" for one the Med. Cruises - you get 70 lbs per suitcase. I got it at a smoking hot sale price - Originally $360 Canadian - paid $85 Canadian

It's 50 lbs,sorry.

Time for new luggage prior to our Nov 2016 Vista cruise. Want something lightweight (now that we're only allowed 50 lbs) Have done some research and can say I'm confused. Asking for real life reviews and recommendations

We used to support Samsonite, but their so-call warranty is not worth the paper it's printed on, as airline or out damage is not included because it's considered "wear and tear".

So we switched to http://www.briggs-riley.com/about/lifetime-guarantee

In the last four years we had 1 top cover and 3 wheels broken. Guess what? All were replaced free of charge, without any argument.

Okay, they may be slightly more expensive, but are almost bullit (airline) proof, and if dinged repaired/replaced. What price is peace of mind, considering the potential value of the contents.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

To each his own, but I only buy 'off brand', Large two wheelers. I pay about $60. each at a discount store. I Pay most attention to the wheels.

We don't do carry on, so no need for any small or med Bags. Four wheel spinners I don't like because they don't work on carpet, and the EX Large I bought once became packed so much that it was over weight.

I highlight 3 of the same bags with Red Duct tape. They are so obviously together, that baggage handlers seem to grab all 3 in a row and keep them all together, and the most times get to the cabin together

When one gets beat up beyond repair(and yes I do make repairs if possible) I just get another cheap bag to match!:cool: