No more "Loyal To Royal" help!

For those concerned abput the advanced age of Celebrity cruisers, I have experienced this on their ships...the longer the cruise, the older median age of its passengers. Also certain times of the year the passengers are older, most especially when school is keeping.

That said, I was on Independence of the Seas the first week of December two years ago. That cruise had the eldest passngers I have ever seen on a cruise. It was almost overwhleming and I am 72. I felt young on that ship. So it isn't just the cruise line. Any cruise line can have a cruise in which the majority of passengers are very senior in age.

Who says the food and service are decking? Is this your opinion, or a fact that every person that cruises RCCL agrees with you on?

Problem with many posters such as yourself, is that you never state it's only your opinion...and, that can be very misleading, especially to new cruise people.

What if I said the opposite but did not say it was my opinion, and you disagreed?

Out of all the big cruise operators - who has the best loyalty program with the most perks? Does any program really stand out from the rest in a positive way?

I guess it's subjective again depending on which perks you use but for us RCL has the best program, we like the balcony discount when booking and the DL/CL and now drinks on the card. I know there are some who don't use the lounge so they may have a different choice.

We have friends who are Elite on Princess and like their program.

Julie

Quick question. I know carnival= college student ready to have fun. Royal= university grads and lots of family and NCL= people that's just book a cruise because they want a vacation. I don't have any experience with Celebrity but every time I'm at the port waiting for my family to pick me up I see hundred of passages with gray hair boarding Celebrity ships. I'm not trying to offend them but I am right to see that Celebrity attract an older range of passengers?

Don't let the grey hair fool you, while there may be snow on the roof, there is fire in the belly. Really IMHO Celebrity is a step up from RCL and you will find all age groups . :):):) Try it, you'll like it !!

I guess it's subjective again depending on which perks you use but for us RCL has the best program, we like the balcony discount when booking and the DL/CL and now drinks on the card. I know there are some who don't use the lounge so they may have a different choice.

I would probably put lounge(s) and free drinks offers pretty high up on my list of desired perks.

The only thing I would rate higher are upgrades but here I think they'll just start selling them or even auctioning them like airlines do, and even if they do decide to upgrade there will always be cruisers with higher status/points who are higher up the pecking order.

So I guess I'll concentrate on lounges and free drinks hours - is RCI tops here with their loyalty program or does anyone else do more in this regard?