Liberty of the Seas- Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth

Aggiecruiser01

We are a family of 4 (with kids ages 7 and 8) anxiously counting down the days until our cruise on Liberty this May. As far as excursions we are just interested in 'the beach'. We stop at Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Falmouth. Can anyone suggest great beach stops for these ports- or any ports not worth a beach stop and we should just stay on the boat? Thanks... looking forward to see what the new Liberty will offer!

and.. if you have any experience with the kids programs would like to know your thoughts on that..:)

We are doing a western in April...75 days can fly by!!

We will have our 3 year old and 5 year old with us....

We are going to go to Paradise Beach in Cozumel....

Falmouth we are just going to Margaritaville at the port for a little bit....

Grand Cayman we are going to the turtle farm I think...

we also have Labadee as one of our ports so that will be a beach day for us

nachi is all inclusive which can be a little pricey considering 2 of the 4 are kids. I also recommend Paradise Beach. Lots of water toys, lots of room - beautiful beach, a huge resort pool and great food.

Falmouth - personally, I don't recommend leaving the port area unless you are on an official RCCL tour. ven then - blech. We stayed a few months ago at Margaritaville, hanging out at the pool and swim up bar all day. Plenty of people there with kids too.

Grand Cayman - yep, LOTS of choices on 7 Mile Beach.

have fun and report back on your Liberty cruise!

In Cozumel, Mr. Sanchos is hard to beat. Great atmosphere and staff to boot. Check their website for the different types of services that they offer that would suit you best.

In Grand Cayman, Royal Palms on Seven Mile Beach is top notch. Once again, atmosphere, service and food makes this worth the money. But, there are several other beach clubs on Seven Mile that I'm sure are equally as nice.

Falmouth, like has been mentioned, if you venture out, do it through the cruise line. Otherwise, Margaritaville is nice to hang out for the afternoon.

I've done this itinerary before and it's great!

Coz- I would take the kids to me santos for an AI. DW and I always go to nachi but we don't have kids.

Grand Cayman- sting Ray island is a must and the kids will love it.

Falmouth- go to the blue hole if you all are good swimmers and enjoy cliff jumping. We loves it and it's not a big tourist area either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on Freedom to these ports in August. We have been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel a few times also.

Here is a tip for Falmouth...you can go to an all inclusive for the day and pay a per person day rate for full use of their property including food, drinks, pool and beach. We went to Riu where the price was about $90/adult and $45 per kid. If you are a good negotiator, you may be able to do a little better. It is about a 20 minute van ride from the ship

When you get off the boat, look for a taxi/van to take you there. Be firm and do not (whatever you do) allow them to convince you to go on any type of island tour. They may combine your group with others, but be firm that you only want to go to one place. They will also agree to pick you up at the end of the day. Give yourself enough time to get back to the port as there can be traffic. If the boat leaves at 5 then get picked up at the Riu no later than 3. The driver should give you his cell phone number to call.

The beaches are nice except for a bit of seagrass when were there. Overall, we had a great time and used the gigantic pool and enjoyed the all you can eat food and drink.